JTSVP QC Lowering kit questions...

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... Few questions.

A. I want to lower my truck for Aesthetics but also for use. I bought this truck to haul around my bike vs. trailering to stuff like track days. With the truck lowered it makes it much easier for me to push the bike in to the back and take it out by myself.

The JTSVP seems to be the hands down favorite kit. So that is my #1 choice.

Questions 1. How much worse does it make the ride? I personally think the truck rides like crap now. It's load, rocks like a boat and doesn't absorb bumps very well. Am I really going to hate this kit?

Question 2. Is this truly a kit? Meaning is it going to give me everything I need? I understand people prefer other things.. but what I'm asking is can I buy this kit, install it and call it a day? Im really not looking to sink $1500 in to the suspension of this truck.

Question 3 What all comes with the kit? It doesn't list it on the website.

Question 4 How intense is this install? I noted something needed to be welded but is it something I could figure out and do in a day? I've lowered 4-5 vehicles in the past but I have never messed with a truck.. Shackles.. Blocks.. Not stuff im familiar with. I am going to be taking it to my buddys shop but im not sure he has ever lowered a truck.

Questions 5 If I were to take the truck somewhere and drop it off... How much should I expect to pay to have the kit installed?

TIA for the answers.

Ok... Few questions.

A. I want to lower my truck for Aesthetics but also for use. I bought this truck to haul around my bike vs. trailering to stuff like track days. With the truck lowered it makes it much easier for me to push the bike in to the back and take it out by myself.

The JTSVP seems to be the hands down favorite kit. So that is my #1 choice.

Questions 1. How much worse does it make the ride? I personally think the truck rides like crap now. It's load, rocks like a boat and doesn't absorb bumps very well. Am I really going to hate this kit?
its a truck , so it stays a truck , a little stiffer in corners , still no sportscar...
Question 2. Is this truly a kit? Meaning is it going to give me everything I need? I understand people prefer other things.. but what I'm asking is can I buy this kit, install it and call it a day? Im really not looking to sink $1500 in to the suspension of this truck.
u need to weld the flip kit , and i put airbags also under for heavier loads.
Question 3 What all comes with the kit? It doesn't list it on the website.
everything exept the welding equipment...lol
Question 4 How intense is this install? I noted something needed to be welded but is it something I could figure out and do in a day? I've lowered 4-5 vehicles in the past but I have never messed with a truck.. Shackles.. Blocks.. Not stuff im familiar with. I am going to be taking it to my buddys shop but im not sure he has ever lowered a truck.
install was done in my Mopar shop , was also the first time for these guys to lower a truck and with the instruction from Tony (jtsv) it went pretty fine.
Questions 5 If I were to take the truck somewhere and drop it off... How much should I expect to pay to have the kit installed?
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
TIA for the answers.

all in all , the truck looks killer with the lowering , i must say it was more comfort to drive without the lowering , but the look makes it all worth...:rock:

Tonys kit comes with:

Front springs
Front bumpstops
Rear flip kit
Rear shocks.

You will have to grind off the front bumpstops.
You will have to weld the cradle in the rear to the axle.

Recommend also installing urethane in the rear leaf springs, front sway bar, front lower control arms.

Recommend installing bell tech rear sway bar.

The ride is much tighter. Handling is very different. Truck will bottom out in the rear over big bumps or sudden elevation changes if going too fast (crowned intersections). Does not rock like a boat anymore. Much more confident handling for sure.

Look in my sig. I have Tony's 2/5" kit. Plus everything listed in my sig. Will not handle like a car. But does handle 100% better, and the ride IMO is much much smoother. Worth every penny to replace all the rubber bushings with urethane as these trucks are getting on a decade old.

I did all the work myself. Took a day. You can see detailed pictures in my Project Log/Build thread.

Call me with any questions
The reason i highly suggest welding is if not there is a possibility of the rear axle spinning in the pearch

If u wish to put a bike in the bed you eill need an air bag helper kit sir

So basically the kit makes the truck unusable as a truck without the additional airbag kit? and though it does lower the truck and increase it's handling abilities.. It still will never handle worth crap because its a big, heavy, unevenly distributed truck? ha

Appreciate the answers guys.

you do realize you bought a pickup truck right..............if you want it to be used a pickup, don't slam it. enjoy your truck, its a truck.....doesn't drive like a car and doesn't ride like car.:D

Damn you should drive a 2500 or 3500 ram

I have both a srt10 and a ram 3500 and the srt is awesome ride vs the 3500
So if you want a old man riding vehicle go buy a Buick

I am following this thread very closely, I am itching to get my truck lowered! One critical question I'd like to add: how difficult is a 2/5 drop on an '06 QC? I understand the frame is completely different on my truck.

Lol... Stiff crowd. Maybe I should rephrase this.

I had an 08' four door f150. I understand what a truck ride is like. I dont expect the truck to handle like a ferrari, I dont expect it to ride like a "buick" but as I add things up... I guess I need to dig deep to find the value of it for myself personally.

Everyone has a different perception of performance... whether it may be ride quality, speed, handling... Etc.

The way it adds up for me to do it right...

$700 for the basic kit to lower the truck
$200 in bushings
$700-1000 for upgraded shocks
$600ish for bags in the rear

Grand Total of $2000-$2500 for the road most traveled to do it right. Unless my math doesn't add up?

Bagged here (assistance bags)....and well worth the money. Allows you to do everything you are looking to do.

I would start with replacing every rubber bushing with polyurethane and then go from there. That does make a nice difference in handling.

On an 06 the bushings are your choice
But on an 06 there are no lower control arm bushings available
Do they help handling ? Yes but unless you have worn bushings do i suggest them? No
The front oem shocks work fine the kit comes with rears
And again unless yours are worn i dont suggest replacement

We were asked by folks here and customers to come up with an excellent replacement which we did
A complete rebuildable billet upgradable shock
They are pricey but the best we could have manufactured
Nitrogen charged not oil charged like others

The kit lowers the truck down to a killer stance that folks asked for
Does it make it not a truck? Depends on what some consider a one of a kind legendary truck they wont make anymore
Some look at it as just a truck to others its there pride and joy

The kit works well we put alot of testing into the springs just ask outnumbered he def knos

We listen an try to bring our guys the best stuff we can sometimes we hit sometimes we miss
But we work hard at it either way

There is all sorts of opinions views and choices
One needs to choose theres
Ours is a passion with these particular trucks
Its all we do

Enjoy the ride
Sawyer

crap, i didn't realize the lowering kit needed welding, never done this before.
can i drive it to the welder completely together or do i have to take it apart and have the welder come to me?? have to figure this into the cost

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back