JTSVP shifter

Bigtymerbaumann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this past Saturday I took the truck out since the weather was awesome. I found a cummins truck driving around and thought I would mess with him. Well we ended up racing and the two times we went at it I missed 3rd. I beat him both times but was mad that I kept missing 3rd. If I had hit it both times I would have been long gone. My question is, since the weekend I have seriously been considering the short throw from JTSVP since it says "never miss 3rd again". Just wondered thoughts on the new shifter from owners and if it had made a huge help. Thanks

Just get it! Great shifter!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Great question. I've been running a B&M shifter in place of the stock Hurst for the last 8,000 miles. I have had great results over the stock shifter with it. Rarely missed third, however, it did occur at times. Don't get me wrong, the B&M is a great shifter without a doubt. I just purchased the Gen II JTSVP shifter. I will be installing it today and will work out adjustments over the next week or so. I will post the differences I observe between the two. What I'm really looking forward to is the reduced throw and adjustability. :rock:

Cheers

Been considering this as well. For some reason I never really thought my 06 RC was that bad to shit, even at the track while shifting aggressively I never had a problem. My 04 on the other hand seems to not love the 3rd shift as much. I don't know if it's just me or if I've become more accustomed to shifting the Vipers, especially my GenIV as the TR6060 seems to be night and day better than the T56.

just drive the damn truck more and you won't miss 3rd...

either the B&M or the JTSVP are still much shorter than stock...

Dan, do you know if there were any changes at all between shifter designs from 04, 05, 06?

Not that I'm aware of if you're talking about the stock Hurst.

Yes stock shifter. My 06 seemed so crisp compared to the 04. Actually when I had my 06 I honestly couldn't figure out why everyone thought 3rd was hard to hit, now I see why with my 04. Hell, maybe it is just me....

Yes stock shifter. My 06 seemed so crisp compared to the 04. Actually when I had my 06 I honestly couldn't figure out why everyone thought 3rd was hard to hit, now I see why with my 04. Hell, maybe it is just me....

Same here my 05 was stock except i put solid bushings in the handle. My 04 has a B&M its like the 04 synchros just dont catch up fast enoff. Or maybe i forgot how to shift as well.

Stock shifter ain't so bad for daily driving. It WILL betray you when racing though. The B&M seems to be the next upgrade from stock and JTSVP the popular vote for best shifter hands down.

I have stock shift and use to miss third and it was getting harder to go into reverse , bleed clutch for a year then finally I upgraded my hydraulic to the viper car master with the .88 bore and it's a breeze on alll the gears maybe clutch ain't disengaging completely like mine was

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back