JTSVP Torque Converter results!!!

FlyingLow said:
I would say high 12's. I had a 12.7 run that was 8.1 in the 1/8.
Yeah an 8.1 converts to a 12.7 in the quarter. But I'm expecting a little btter than that, since the Paxton is not all that great in the 1/8th. Dont really spend that much time under full boost, in the 1/8th.

Boost is for girls Steve but I am going to end up picking up a convertor! Ill most likely get one ready for the cam that I choose though

SANTEEN said:
Yeah an 8.1 converts to a 12.7 in the quarter. But I'm expecting a little btter than that, since the Paxton is not all that great in the 1/8th. Dont really spend that much time under full boost, in the 1/8th.

You can have a faster time. I also had a 8.1 time that was 12.4 @ 114.

Troy's QC SRT said:
Boost is for girls Steve but I am going to end up picking up a convertor! Ill most likely get one ready for the cam that I choose though
I'll be here waiting. :aetsch: :burnout:

I'm interested in this TC. There are good description for how it improves launch and it sounds great in this truck, but how is it to live with on a daily basis? Does it retain the lock up capability? I cruise around town and drive on the highway under 2500 rpms most of the time. Will it stay in lock up at light throttle? Sorry if this is a NEWB question, but I searched and didn't see this addressed.

Bryan
DESRT10

Mine drives fine and I do a lot of city driving and freeway. I think it drives better and feels more responsive than stock. Didn't notice any difference in gas mileage and I drove it back from Colorado after paint.

FlyingLow said:
You can have a faster time. I also had a 8.1 time that was 12.4 @ 114.

I agree with this... especially given that you have a centrifugally blown setup that will make a lot of peak HP. I bet you run a mid, low-12 with an 8.1x 1/8mile time. You're just getting started at the 1/8th mile with that engine combo.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
Anyone interested holla they are built to your mods an specs , usually a 2400 stall , billet an custom built , normal drop of about three tenths in the quarter mile

I need a lay away plan.

DESRT10 said:
I'm interested in this TC. There are good description for how it improves launch and it sounds great in this truck, but how is it to live with on a daily basis? Does it retain the lock up capability? I cruise around town and drive on the highway under 2500 rpms most of the time. Will it stay in lock up at light throttle? Sorry if this is a NEWB question, but I searched and didn't see this addressed.

Bryan
DESRT10
The only difference that I noticed, was the shifts got a little softer. Other than that, no difference in drivability. I will be installing a shift kit this weekend, to bring the firmness back. But as I've said before, this should be one of the top three mods to a QC. SCT and catless mids, being the other two.

mickster said:
Maybe the first mod should be to get rid of the rear doors and seats, lol :D
Too bad you're so far away. Or I'd have to show you what an extra set of doors and seats could do.:) :burnout:

SANTEEN said:
Too bad you're so far away. Or I'd have to show you what an extra set of doors and seats could do.:) :burnout:

From what I gather they just slow you down :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:
lol lol lol

mickster said:
From what I gather they just slow you down :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:
lol lol lol
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

mickster said:
lol lol lol
You've been misled, my friend. :D

FATJACK said:
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
You just better shut your pie hole. :toilet:

FATJACK said:

Ahh, it all depends on the driver, his personal weight( ahem, ahem,) and we can easily make up the 500 lbs difference. Especially if you miss 1 shift!:D I have owned my share of T-56 although not the Viper version, and the 2-3 shift can be fun if you are not a driver, and even a good driver can outrun the clutch with the pedal sometimes and miss a shift.;) We may have to have a QC vs RC brawl across the nation and see what happens mod for mod, and pound for pound.

Don't get me twisted, as I still intend in the very near future to make my QC a 6 speed.:aetsch:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
wellllllllllllllll jtsvp will represent well this year, fatjack better have his game on:D
I'm gonna show everything I got in about 30 days in Steel, Alabama, then I may retire my slicks.

BTW... I thought I was part of the JTSVP team?

FATJACK said:
I'm gonna show everything I got in about 30 days in Steel, Alabama, then I may retire my slicks.

BTW... I thought I was part of the JTSVP team?
buddy I said the team was gonna represent well;) you my numba 1 man:rock:

FATJACK said:

I think we got a bite :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back