July TOTM

Jeff should have Moderator status...

We only have Bob right now when we used to have Shawn as well. If Jeff is up to it, he should be given mod status. If only to update the main screen page if he isn't interested in doing actual moderating.

We have not even gotten the honorary member section yet... :mad:

The owners are the owners folks. The members do not make the rules. If you want to make the rules, make an offer to the owners to buy the site.

Otherwise, get a grip, the owners decide what, when, who and how...nothing different here from anywhere else...except that this is a great place even if some members don't always get their way.

Enjoy and be thankful for what we have...

Prof said:
The owners are the owners folks. The members do not make the rules. If you want to make the rules, make an offer to the owners to buy the site.

Otherwise, get a grip, the owners decide what, when, who and how...nothing different here from anywhere else...except that this is a great place even if some members don't always get their way.

WTF does that mean Roy? :dontknow: Patrick has already stated that the honorary section was a good idea over three weeks ago.

RedSrt007 said:
I think I can make this happen, I at least want to run it by Jack (even though I'm sure he wont have a problem with it). I know he has been very sick lately, so be patient with us :D

I think people are just wondering what is the status of the TOTM pic update. If Patrick or Jack are wrapped up in other things, then enlisting someone who is more than willing to do the job should be a no brainer.

Why should Jeff even do the polls if nothing gets updated? :dontknow:

Prof said:

With all due respect, I am honoring those wishes. I am really doing my best to not cause issues or problems.

Let's all keep our focus and celebrate the July TOTM

Congrats Cody

LOL what is this a front wheel drive burn out :)... lots of smoke rollin of the drivers side front wheel :)..

VIPER said:
46b7e067.jpg

Lightning Killer !!!!

Prof said:

WFT Prof??? sometimes you go on the dumbest rants...this is one of them..

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
WFT Prof??? sometimes you go on the dumbest rants...this is one of them..

Its not dumb, its not a rant, its the plain truth...we will have TOTM if and when the owners want...what is there to disagree with on that?

Life is just like that...priorities are priorities...and the owners are the ones that decide who has what and when. No stones being thrown at anyone, just a realistic look at what we all should know.

Prof said:

Fair enough Roy but keep in mind, we also help run this site by contributing (unless all we get for our troubles is a little red star?). The members are what makes this site. Be a pretty hard board to moderate with no one to moderate. ;) To be honest, just seems somewhat slack around here lately and the TOTM has slipped over time. I've sent a couple of PMs to mods and had not one reply, I guess I mus be wasting their time? Kind of sad and gets the blood up a little when I plug the crap out of this place on my websites, videos and by word by mouth and then that happens. Makes me wonder why I bother.

Carlwalski said:
Fair enough Roy but keep in mind, we also help run this site by contributing (unless all we get for our troubles is a little red star?). The members are what makes this site. Be a pretty hard board to moderate with no one to moderate. ;) To be honest, just seems somewhat slack around here lately and the TOTM has slipped over time. I've sent a couple of PMs to mods and had not one reply, I guess I mus be wasting their time? Kind of sad and gets the blood up a little when I plug the crap out of this place on my websites, videos and by word by mouth and then that happens. Makes me wonder why I bother.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

NONONO Carlwalski, the owners are the owners and you can go F yourself, its the owners site and they do what they want if you dont like if go F yourself.. If it wasnt the owners there would be no site ...

LOL Prof you of all people should know how that works out for an owner, go check out the NFF site and that was the attitude they took with it and look what happened 10,000 + members are now on this site...

And im sure the owners of this site are not that stupid and realize its the members that make the page not the owners,, The owners got lucky and opened a site when they had the chance and it worked period..

People on forums are fickle and will jump at the flick of a switch or change loyalty.. Again you of all people should know this... Everyone worshiped the other site and gave daily bjs to the mods and owners, then they up and move... so get over your self and its all about the owners rant,,, as we all know its about the members,,

Carlwalski said:

Carlwalski said:

Ditto on that!!!

Prof said:
Life is just like that...priorities are priorities...and the owners are the ones that decide who has what and when. No stones being thrown at anyone, just a realistic look at what we all should know.

Roy,

As much as I agree with what you have typed and I know this little pet project I put together way back in April of 2008 will never be at the top of any reasonable persons priority list, it has become a burden to said owners.

I probably appreciate more what Patrick has done to help with this project more than you will ever realize. You may think you know and/or understand, however, you really don't. Patrick is a stand up guy and I will never and I mean never condemn Patrick for having a life. He has a Beautiful Wife, Great Kids, lots of responsibility. Patrick's focus is where it needs to be.

I told Patrick years ago when I started doing this, that if it was too much, it would go away. Because I respect Patrick, I'm trying to be a stand up guy here too. I fail most of the time, however, I do try. I hope and pray that Patrick never feels obligated to do anything, answer questions regarding this thread or justify his schedule. So folks, let not put Patrick in that position.

As far as Moderating goes. I know over time there has been some misunderstanding of my position on this board. I'm just an average Joe trying to make it from one day to the next. Being a Moderator would not give me the rights required to do what some are thinking and making me anything that would give me those rights I feel would be a mistake. Not that I wouldn't have the ability, I just need to stay out of the way and let things continue to run the way they are,

By most respects, the majority self Moderate and we don't need a heavy hand here (not that I would be one). We don't need another set of eyes to keep an eye on things.

Again, I would like to Thank Cody. He has shown great patience in this and we could all learn from him. He may be dying inside knowing that after lots of hard work, he finally did it and now.........

That's where the embarrassment is mine and it's just gnaws at me everyday. I put Cody in this position and it really hurts. So as you are all formulating your thoughts, remember, it's my error and you can direct your anger in my direction.

Let me offer an apology

Home that helps

Jeff

Last edited:
I would bet that the contributions do not cover the costs. This is not a for profit venture...it at best may cover the expenses...but the time of the owners is probably just donated. Patrick is the only technical resource, Jack has been ill for quite awhile and if like me probably has little energy to donate to technical or policy matters.

If it runs itself with little involvement of the owners (unless they want to be involved) we are better off than if they decide that the bitching members are just too much bother for no return...

I may be wrong...but I doubt that any profit hits the bottom line...at best it is a wash and more than likely, it is run at a loss. Just my opinion.

I would be very careful about bitching, what we have is 95% super...be happy.

Jeff, we know that you have done what you can. Your efforts are super, and always have been.

This is a priority for some and not for others. Again, no stones...just reality.

Goodness people, this is not a huge issue. If it gets squared away fine...if not...still the most bitchin' truck site on the net.

Last edited:
Prof said:
I would bet that the contributions do not cover the costs. .

Prof do you have any webpage experience ??? do you have any idea how much it costs to run a page??? its not a massive number like you think. its actually very cheap ...And I would not be supprised at all if all the supporting members actualy generate a positive cash flow...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back