Just my luck

Sorry bro.

Same thing happened to me in a Tilted Kilt parking lot except they hit my truck and kept on going. Came out to the trucks front bumper smashed in.

Sorry bro.

Same thing happened to me in a Tilted Kilt parking lot except they hit my truck and kept on going. Came out to the trucks front bumper smashed in.

Sorry to hear that Pete. I know it sinks your heart to your stomach in a second. :(

My front door neighbor rings my doorbell at 4am to inform me that a drunk driver hit my truck and ran... I don't know how much more I can take this week. :(

By the damage I am seeing, my truck is totaled. My conversion is as of right now, cancelled. :(:(:(:(

damn, i'm gonna have to start feeling bad about talking about how long this conversion is taking………………….

i don't know about totaled, did the axle break the spring mounts?? frame probably ok, looks like almost a side swipe except for the wheel/tire

it'll buff right out, gotta think on the positive side

Any damage to the cab? or is it all bed and wheel?

Everything from the cab forward got saved thank god. But the axle is bent to hell mostly because the leafsprings are warped. The bed will need to be replaced, the wheel, the tire, the sway bar, the spring pack, the body kit panel, tail light, and whatever other parts got damaged on the way. Honestly I don't know if they will fix it or total it at this point. The laws in California are pretty strict in regards to high impact collisions. Whichever way it goes, I'll end up with a salvage title anyway.

Last edited:
Hopefully you will get 2 insurance checks. Should have gotten the steel guard rails with spikes.

What is up with the California law about high impact crashes?

Hopefully you will get 2 insurance checks. Should have gotten the steel guard rails with spikes.

What is up with the California law about high impact crashes?

Should have for sure.

Whenever there is a collision that cost a certain amount and over the vehicle in question is now considered a possible hazard to the owner and potential future buyers. The vehicle is labeled salvage to warn buyers and insurance companies that this vehicle's integrity has been scarred by a high collision to avoid possible insurance or sale fraud by the owner as well.

I'm at a loss for words..... I feel really sad for you. Sorry friend.

Thanks for the sympathies gents. God willing everything will be ok and I'll be back to my conversion soon.

Sorry this happened to you amigo I hate to see you going threw this bad luck but at least you and your fam are safe and weren't in it when it happened.

Everything from the cab forward got saved thank god. But the axle is bent to hell mostly because the leafsprings are warped. The bed will need to be replaced, the wheel, the tire, the sway bar, the spring pack, the body kit panel, tail light, and whatever other parts got damaged on the way. Honestly I don't know if they will fix it or total it at this point. The laws in California are pretty strict in regards to high impact collisions. Whichever way it goes, I'll end up with a salvage title anyway.

I forget what the ACV % is in cali but my company (TPA works for insurance companies) will total anything that is over 70% of the ACV and if the estimate falls in the 60% we deem it a borderline TL.

Now with trucks, if there is any frame damage it is an automatic TL. I thought the atm stealing $40 from me last night was bad, sorry about this man.

Best of luck with the truck.

Should have for sure.

Whenever there is a collision that cost a certain amount and over the vehicle in question is now considered a possible hazard to the owner and potential future buyers. The vehicle is labeled salvage to warn buyers and insurance companies that this vehicle's integrity has been scarred by a high collision to avoid possible insurance or sale fraud by the owner as well.

It works the same way in PA. I deal with a good amount of wrecked motorcycles. Once they reach a certain percentage determined by the insured they are done. The other problem with older units is the same one we have here. Trying to find parts to complete the repairs. Good luck to you.

It was an honest mistake, just feels like I can't catch a brake. The part that kills me though is that the guy had no insurance and expired tags.. Now let's see how this turns out with my insurance company.

I would buff it first and then if you have to repaint it at least its one panel. I would just come out of pocket rather than using my insurance

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back