just wondering eng sound

arco

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
ok i have a new built eng. Runs good but when i burn out and do some heavy racing..its starts to do a knocking sound and they after a while the knocking sound go"s alway...(is this normal ))) PLS HELP

ENG HAS ABOUT 400 mile on it

oil pressure stay the same????

RC or QC?????

It's a r/c. And the oil pressure stays the same.

I still thinking if this sound like. A lifter problem

Is it good or bad to hammer a 400 mile eng

Is it good or bad to hammer a 400 mile eng

its best to give it a few hundred miles or so for everything to completly seat before hammering it.

everyone has a different look at how to do it, but we on initial fire up idle it around 3k or so till it warms up, then swap oil, then go out an gradually over a few hundred keep increasing the rpms.

your noise could be anything, odd that it comes and goes, honestly could be a number of things without hearing it personally

Next time run cross the sound I will post it online.

Just from personal experience I would not hammer on a new engine to much. I built a 302 Ford years ago and beat the hell out of it right away and tore the cam up.

i will stop hammering the gas..in to i have at lease 2000 miles on the eng.... next ?? what oil do you guys recommend to use for my eng...... its has like 500 miles on it from the new rebuilt...thanks for all your guys help ..am new to the viper truck...

i will stop hammering the gas..in to i have at lease 2000 miles on the eng.... next ?? what oil do you guys recommend to use for my eng...... its has like 500 miles on it from the new rebuilt...thanks for all your guys help ..am new to the viper truck...

since you have allready 400 hard miles, go ahead change the oil and the filter, make sure its warm when you do this, and let it drain completly, then replace with whatever oil you plan to run.

normally you can take it in steps, but most likely you have everything pretty much broke in, the thing to kinda stay away from is redline pulls for the first 500-1000 miles, take it to the upper rpms, jsut not at full throttle or a constant top end run, after say another 500 swap the oil again, at that point if you want you can grab a sample and get a sample kit from napa or catapillar and have the oil checked to see if there is any premature bearing piston or ring wear

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back