Keep us in your Prayers....we might see some of you soon :D !!

RedSrt007

Reaction score
Well, FstJack and myself are taking a road trip. The truck we found / purchased is located in Ohio...and were located in San Diego, Ca. (just in-case you don't know your states, its on the other side :D )

Anyways, we are catching a red-eye flight on Thursday evening, landing in Ohio on Friday morning, and driving from the east-coast (dealership) to the west-coast (home). We have 2.5-3 Days to make the trip, which is approx 2400 miles, so we will be switching / sleeping on the way. Not sure the route we are taking yet, but along the way you might see us, or maybe wind-up meeting some of you guys to :dontknow: . If I dont make it back, it's because Jack told me the same stories over-and-over again about how it was when he was younger LOL (I love that old man hehehe)

Wish us luck!! :star: Pictures and video's will follow....

Patrick

RedSrt007 said:
Well, FstJack and myself are taking a road trip. The truck we found / purchased is located in Ohio...and were located in San Diego, Ca. (just in-case you don't know your states, its on the other side :D )

Anyways, we are catching a red-eye flight on Thursday evening, landing in Ohio on Friday morning, and driving from the east-coast (dealership) to the west-coast (home). We have 2.5-3 Days to make the trip, which is approx 2200 miles, so we will be switching / sleeping on the way. Not sure the route we are taking yet, but along the way you might see us, or maybe wind-up meeting some of you guys to :dontknow: . If I don't make it back, it's because Jack told me the same stories over-and-over again about how it was when he was younger LOL (I love that old man hehehe)

Patrick
If the stories he tells are that bad...The road head will surely horrify you :D
Did I say that out loud :dontknow: Hehehehe Have fun guys...Hehehehe there leaving :D :rock:

Wow - that's a long haul. $425 in return trip gas, plane tickets, 2,200 miles on the odometer.
You wouldn't also losing a day or two of wages? This might be getting a bit expensive.
Must be a heck of a deal!
Congrats! At least it is YOUR 2,200 miles, not someone else's. :)

Looking forward to the pics and vids!

Last edited:
RedSrt007 said:

Anyways, we are catching a red-eye flight on Thursday evening, landing in Ohio on Friday morning, and driving from the east-coast (dealership) to the west-coast (home). We have 2.5-3 Days to make the trip, which is approx 2400 miles, so we will be switching / sleeping on the way. Not sure the route we are taking yet, but along the way you might see us, or maybe wind-up meeting some of you guys to :dontknow: . If I dont make it back, it's because Jack told me the same stories over-and-over again about how it was when he was younger LOL (I love that old man hehehe)

Patrick

Might want to hit Boomer on the way West?

God Bless, and Have a safe trip home

May the angels of God watch over, inspire, guide and protect you along your way.....

Enjoy this time together...Nice little adventure.....Totally cool...

SD

Would be cheaper just to ship it....but what kind of story would that be......

Life adventure coming up......

Jack....details on the truck.....?.....and why.....

Plane tickets $400
SRT-10 $33000
Gas for return trip $500

Road trip with you friend, trading stories and seeing the country.

Priceless.

Be safe guys, don't forget to pack a radar detector.

FlyingLow said:
Plane tickets $400
SRT-10 $33000
Gas for return trip $500

Road trip with you friend, trading stories and seeing the country.

Priceless.

Be safe guys, don't forget to pack a radar detector.

Exactly :rock:

We are bringing 1 carry-on, 2 Valentine 1 detectors (one mounted on the back window facing back, and 1 on the front windshield, 2 Garmin GPS units, cell phones, money, Video cameras, digital cameras, and a bunch of batteries....

My Wife's cool with it, I think it will be something I remember for the rest of my life, you only live once right??!! :dontknow: ;)

Hemi Killer, we don't know if we will have time to sleep anywhere but the truck, but Maybe we can meet-up for a lunch break :dontknow: Thanks Bro, the offer is wonderful :)

Patrick

RedSrt007 said:
Exactly :rock:

We are bringing 1 carry-on, 2 Valentine 1 detectors (one mounted on the back window facing back, and 1 on the front windshield, 2 Garmin GPS units, cell phones, money, Video cameras, digital cameras, and a bunch of batteries....

My Wife's cool with it, I think it will be something I remember for the rest of my life, you only live once right??!! :dontknow: ;)

Hemi Killer, we don't know if we will have time to sleep anywhere but the truck, but Maybe we can meet-up for a lunch break :dontknow: Thanks Bro, the offer is wonderful :)

Patrick

Get a pic of the world's largest ball of string......:D
http://skyways.lib.ks.us/kansas/towns/Cawker/twine.html

Nowwhat said:
Life adventure coming up......

That's for sure.... I hope it serves as a nice "break" / vacation for them.
Safe travel, and good times along the way. They will have plenty of time for sure. That's a hell of a road trip.
To think.....if the timing for it's sale was set to end the week before the Nat's... we could have had those two there!
Of course after that weekend...it would have been a hard sale to spend the next two days on the road.:D

Prepping for the trip.

:questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark: Vacation :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:

It's a :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: Road Trip :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: gonna be a blast.

I have got all my Guy Lombardo CD's packed and also Bing Crosby and Patti Page. :boring: :boring: :boring:
A great trip like this deserves good music. :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:
I will teach Patrick to love the oldies from the 40s- early 50-s, or to hate. :mad: :mad: :mad:

We are going to be doing some serious driving to get home by Sunday night. :driver: :coffee: :driver: :coffee: :driver: :coffee: :driver:

We are going to take a lot of pictures and video. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Going to try and buy a Verizon wireless card tomorrow for the laptop so we can have live computer feed along the way. :pcguru: :pcguru: :pcguru:

I want to thank Patrick for taking a vacation day to help me with this and his wife and son for letting him go. :adore: :adore: :adore:
What great friends they are. :rock: :rock: :rock:

This is going to be Soooooo cool. :cool: :cool: :cool:

FSTJACK said:
:questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark: Vacation :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:

It's a :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: Road Trip :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: gonna be a blast.

I have got all my Guy Lombardo CD's packed and also Bing Crosby and Patti Page. :boring: :boring: :boring:
A great trip like this deserves good music. :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:
I will teach Patrick to love the oldies from the 40s- early 50-s, or to hate. :mad: :mad: :mad:

We are going to be doing some serious driving to get home by Sunday night. :driver: :coffee: :driver: :coffee: :driver: :coffee: :driver:

We are going to take a lot of pictures and video. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Going to try and buy a Verizon wireless card tomorrow for the laptop so we can have live computer feed along the way. :pcguru: :pcguru: :pcguru:

I want to thank Patrick for taking a vacation day to help me with this and his wife and son for letting him go. :adore: :adore: :adore:
What great friends they are. :rock: :rock: :rock:

This is going to be Soooooo cool. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Details about the truck my good man.....

Sounds like a blast, be safe guys:rock: If you pick up a hitch hiker and they ask you if you go by the book, remember to say no;)

Have a fun and safe trip. Jack eat some chili and peanuts the night before. I think that would make the trip more memorable.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back