Kicker Shock/Anti Wheelhop shock on a Quad Cab (lowered)

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
I've wondered this from the get go about this missing from our quad cabs and after Justin kindly donating his for R&D I have installed it and it's GREAT!!!
It controls the pinion of the differential from shooting to the sky immediately on a launch. Yes I know Caltracs would do similar, but this shock is designed to soak up the trauma the rear and driveshaft take on a launch, especially on sticky tires. I am 100% happy I tried this and again it works. It's a lot like the feedback on Caltracs. It doesn't aid in traction so much as it smooths out the spin and makes it controled. I never really had wheelhop, but just a small shudder on launches. That is eliminated completely!

Thanks for your time and reading this. SPread the word to any unknowing Quad Cab owners.;)

I need to find a setup for my quad cab. I remember you talking about this before and im glad you followed up with results. Now time for me to find the parts lol.

Easy as pie!! Hence why I don't understand why the dipstick SRT team didn't do it? Guess it added up to too much money?

Our rear cover is already blessed with the mounting pad and holes tapped for the cover bracket for one end of the shock. The other end I fabbed up a mounting tab that mounts to the crosstube right next to the exhaust hanger. ( If you follow in a line, from the mounting pad on the diffy cover to this crosstube, you will see where it should be).

I will post up pics ASAP!:D

PIC OF KICKER SHOCK INSTALL!

Sorry for the delay guys, but here's the scoop!:rock::D Yes the welds to the crosstube look shitty, I will grind and redo them on a lift! I was on a creeper getting my ass burned by weld splatter
kickershockinstall6.jpg

kickershockinstall5.jpg

kickershockinstall2.jpg

kickershockinstall.jpg

kickershockinstall4.jpg

Last edited:
Fricking money! I wonder if even better results could be had with the shock and caltracs than just one by itself..... im sure it couldn't hurt

Sorry for the delay guys, but here's the scoop!:rock::D Yes the welds to the crosstube look shitty, I will grind and redo them on a lift! I was on a creeper getting my ass burned by weld splatter
kickershockinstall5.jpg

Is your drive shaft hanging down in this pic?

Is your drive shaft hanging down in this pic?

The CALTRACS will still help a lot! They are on my agenda soon.

Driveshaft does have a different angle indeed since I lowered it about 4-5 inches.:marchmellow: NO vibrations or any issues in about 30K miles. Carrier bearing was replaced recently and only due to rotting rubber. According to Dodge specs on angles it's within. I always taught that the pinion and tailshaft should be as close to a straight line as possible. Two piece shafts are very forgiving on angles.;)

Nice man. I gotta see if i can rig something like this up on mine. Im gonna have to make two brackets though since i have the dana 44 i dont have the cool dif cover bracket

The CALTRACS will still help a lot! They are on my agenda soon.

Driveshaft does have a different angle indeed since I lowered it about 4-5 inches.:marchmellow: NO vibrations or any issues in about 30K miles. Carrier bearing was replaced recently and only due to rotting rubber. According to Dodge specs on angles it's within. I always taught that the pinion and tailshaft should be as close to a straight line as possible. Two piece shafts are very forgiving on angles.;)

Oh ok cool!

I've wondered this from the get go about this missing from our quad cabs and after Justin kindly donating his for R&D I have installed it and it's GREAT!!!
It controls the pinion of the differential from shooting to the sky immediately on a launch. Yes I know Caltracs would do similar, but this shock is designed to soak up the trauma the rear and driveshaft take on a launch, especially on sticky tires. I am 100% happy I tried this and again it works. It's a lot like the feedback on Caltracs. It doesn't aid in traction so much as it smooths out the spin and makes it controled. I never really had wheelhop, but just a small shudder on launches. That is eliminated completely!

Thanks for your time and reading this. SPread the word to any unknowing Quad Cab owners.;)

That truck is gangsta..

So what shock or shock length did you use for this project. iI just flipped my axle on tuesday and I think this would help the overall ride of the truck.
On a side note, I didnt notice that my truck had a 2 piece drive shaft, is this standard on all quad 10's?

Looks good by the way, well not the welds. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back