Killed an SRT 10 (off another forum)

fastblksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past Saturday, there was this big car show that happens every year in Langley, BC. (About 20-30 minutes away from where I live) I usually try to make out to this show, there's usually an average of 1500 cars, maybe more. This year is the 11th annual Langley Good-Times Cruise-in (if anyone's heard of it, I know My Classic Car was there a few years back)

So I head out to the show after running some errands in the morning. Now this show takes up about 5 city blocks West/East and 3 blocks North/South which tapers out to 1 block on the west end. And I tell you, it's a fricken pain in the arse to find parking anywhere close. The amount some people want to charge for parking, it makes more sense just to put your truck IN the show. Anyway, I'm cruising around trying to find a parking spot when I spot an SRT10 Ram heading away from the show. My interest peaks.

So I follow SRT10 and end up beside him at a light. It's hot out, so our windows are rolled down. I look over and say 'nice truck' He thanks me and we sit at the light. Busy intersection with cars turning, kind of rough pavement, so I didnt want to do a full boost launch there. Light turns green and I lay into the throttle to give the SRT10 a taste. He hits it a bit too, but we almost immediately have to shut down due to traffic. He ends up going around the car in front and right after that the two-lane road goes to single lane. So I follow behind this other car and kind of watch where the SRT10 is going. End up following it onto a small highway heading to the next town over.

So I get up beside him as we're heading up a hill and give it some gas to get past him and let him know if he's game, so am I. And fate is on our side since the next light up turns red. We both look at each other and now it's on. I boost it up to about 8 psi, I can hear my rear wheels start to spin a bit so back off ever so slightly. Light turns green and we both launch. I hear him spinning a little but I'm gone. Got 2 lengths on him(?) maybe 3, was paying more attention to the road ahead then how far back he was. I shut down about 95mph since the road wasnt exactly smooth and I think he was just starting to gain some ground on me.

We end up pulling into a gas station up the road a bit and shot the sh*t for awhile. Really cool guy. He said he wasnt sure when I first pulled up beside him, if it was a real Syclone since he never sees them around here. He had just come from the car show and said he usually sees a Syclone there but didnt this year. That'd be because it's usually my Syclone there and I wasnt able to put it in the show this year.

includemeout said:
Popocorn PaLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze :D :D :D

One shit storm is enough for awhile........

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it...."

D

Correct me if I am wrong. How does a AWD cyclone do a brake stand i.e. start spinning the rear tire as he is at 8 ldbs.

Third member in the transfercase send i think about 30% to the front and 70% to the rear, when they power brake them the rears will starts to spin!!

thats what i thought fast must have found this post someplace and copied it kinda far drive from h town

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back