Klunking Noise

dodgeboy16

Reaction score
The noise I'm trying to explain is like someone is hitting something in the drive train with a hammer but not real hard. I have a 2005 RC SRT-10 lowered 2" in the rear end, CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust. Heres the hard part, when does it happen? Both up shifting and down shifting, once in awhile 1st to 2nd most always 2nd to 3rd and all other gear combos. I know I haven't explained this well but it's the best I can do. Took it to the Dealership a few weeks ago and they replaced the Ring and Pinion, didn't help. The SRT only has 13,000 miles on it and it has always done this bang. Maybe this will help the noise is like when you slow down to much without down shifiting. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Jack

I would check your trans mount to make sure its nice and tight ha. I had one go loose on my old truck

I forget but what is the maximum rear suspension drop that can be done without having to shorten the drive shaft?

As suggested, check the trans mount and U joints for wear.

You shifting to early? let the engine rev between shifts. sounds like the transmission is growling at to slow an rpm and high load...

Exhaust hitting something or broken
???

Someone not long ago complained about a noise and we determined there was a Power Wheels stuck under it, maybe you have the same problem?

Something to think about...

This is something I have thought about, because I don't always push the clutch in very far. Think I'll check it out in the morning. Took it to another shop that has 2 SRT-10 Techs. that are supposed to be very good. Thay tinkered with my SRT-10 for about an hour and said they felt it was in the rear and that the R&P on the SRT-10s were loose fit and not to worry. I was just wondering if anyone elase had this same type of noise?

Jack

Check the clearance at the last exhaust hanger and the bumper bracket. the magnaflow can back out at the joints and rattle the bumper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back