Legit or Scam? Autotrader posting

TeamSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I browse autotrader for 06 SRT's and came across this Night Runner

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ODGE&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=770

the thing his price is $10,100

I emailed the person and said "is there something wrong with the truck to be listed at $10,100?"

she replied back

"Hi,
I'm Roberta,let me know if you're interested my vehicle is Dodge Ram SRT-10,never been involved in a accident, no damage, no scratch, no rust,no loan on it(the vehicle is payed in full) and i can say that is in perfect condition and you will love this vehicle if you will decide to move forward.The price is not negotiable $10100 firm,shipping included, and all the documents will be provided along with it.The transaction will be made through a third company for the safety of both of us ,so we can be sure of the legitimacy of our deal.
I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious
buyer.That's why if you want me to answer further questions, please provide me your full name,phone number and shipping address. Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal because I need the money asap and that is also the reason why I am selling it at a lower price... so if you are really interested in buying it, please reply.

Thank you!"

to me it seems fishy

Last edited:
kickinassrt-10 said:
It's a scam anytime 3rd person/party involved

Don't see how using a 3rd party involvement makes it scam. I've used 3rd party entities to conduct transactions all the time. It is the preferred way to protect both the seller and buyer in these types of transactions.

It's a scam. My buddy got caught up in one with the same story last year. If it's to good to be true.........

worth checking out ask to see it in person etc. could have someone who recently got divorced and since she couldn't take there balls she took the truck and just selling it might have no idea what its actually worth :) just make sure you check it out good usually scammers will drop off quick when you ask to see it in person or have someone come by to check it out :)

scam dont waste your time there are several like this on auto trader, craigs list ect.

If it sounds too good to be true...........:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

It always is......................................:mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like a scam but you never really know until you take the next step. Give them a call and ask to see it.

lol the deal is not real, get a grip, when you receive letters like that its total bullshit.. 10000% bullshit,, He wont answer any more questions with out address bla bla what a fagot scamer

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
lol the deal is not real, get a grip, when you receive letters like that its total bullshit.. 10000% bullshit,, He wont answer any more questions with out address bla bla what a fagot scamer
yeah...and its so obvious by the price their asking. it would seem more "legit",if they were asking say 20....dumb shits:laugh:

if you do a reverse phone number check it looks to a pay phone on a street corner next to a parking lot in Birmingham Al.

It looks like the phone number is to a court house or something. Here are the coordinates of where the phone is registered:

+33.516852548608 Lattitude, -86.81075983815 longitude

Here is the view of both sides of the street for that area.

Attachments

• court.jpg
    court.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 109
  • court2.jpg
    court2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back