lessons from Vipertruck2933

They look great. Might just have to get on that boat. Have to check them out in person. whats next??

Looking great mang!!!

Another thing I did was put in some Silverstar turn signal bulbs that are silver/clear when they are off but they still light up amber. Only cost a few bucks at Autozone and you don't see the yellow when they are off.:rock:

Install on the headlights and bulbs is a breeze.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Looking great mang!!!

Another thing I did was put in some Silverstar turn signal bulbs that are silver/clear when they are off but they still light up amber. Only cost a few bucks at Autozone and you don't see the yellow when they are off.:rock:

Install on the headlights and bulbs is a breeze.

Now you tell me.....:D

As far as install.....it is a 1 beer gig unless you have the DC performance ram air for the paxton....that is you E-benz.....then you have to do some cutting on the passenger side.....no biggie just look at what they did to your OE and repeat....

Nowwhat...thanks for the info...i did the same thing to my magnum RT.

What kind of middle grill do you have? I am looking for a black one like yours but all i can find is the Honeycomb...but yours looks like the pattern matches the lower grill?? Looks good!

Why are you guys amped up on cutting out the hoodscoop grill? What did the rubber molding accomplish? Just curious!

Rice Eater said:

What kind of middle grill do you have? I am looking for a black one like yours but all i can find is the Honeycomb...but yours looks like the pattern matches the lower grill?? Looks good!

Why are you guys amped up on cutting out the hoodscoop grill? What did the rubber molding accomplish? Just curious!

My grill is simple wire mesh that has been pwdercoated...got it from a speedshop....it is track screening to protect air intakes on Porsches...

the hood looks great without the little platic grill...the rubber molding gives it a nice finished look...

Rice Eater said:

I did the same mod myself. I used a box-cutter knofe to remove the plastic tabs after you remove the hood grill, then used a dremel to remove the leftover tab material. I got some door molding material (The kind you would use so that you don't ding the door edges) from Kragen and put it on. I should post pics. BTW I did it almost immediatly after seeing MIke's truck in person. Thanks for the inspiration mang!:rock:

Nowwhat....can you point me the right direction to get a grill made like yurrs? I just don't want the black honeycomb since the pattern is soo different from the lower girll.

I'm thinking of using the concrete mesh stuff that they sell at home depot to make a grill similar to Nowwhat. Problem is taking the old grill out and fabricating the replacement. I think it would take a long time.

Nowwhat said:
The black headlights with clear corners that Vipertruck2933 has are just sick...soo...on to ebay and presto....

Thanks VT

Looks good!

VT was my inspiration as well. Here's the best pic I have.:dontknow:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Texas Yellow Fever said:
I agree with this, the factory honeycomb grill matches fine IMHO.

I dunno man....I bought a honeycomb grill then just threw it away......:dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
The black headlights with clear corners that Vipertruck2933 has are just sick...soo...on to ebay and presto....

Thanks VT

Sweet! :rock:...I did the same on mine.... The yellow corners just didn't go over well for me either..... Great Mod! :cool:

Nowwhat said:

Thanks VT

Are those the black or black diamond cut?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back