Let the negative comments come rolling in

DragginDrew said:
Hey guys im new to the site and just thought id introduce myself and my truck...I bought my 02 Ram my senior year in high school and I have loved this truck...I have always wanted to get an SRT10 but dont have the money buy one let alone maintain it. So I have been modifying my truck to what I want it to be...It will definately not look like an SRT but it will look and run good...so here is where the negative comments will most likely come from...its a 3.7 V6...but for a v6 it has a lot of power and potential...i have done a few engine modifications and plan to do more... the next thing i want to do to it though is go with a flat black paint job all over with gloss black vinyl lettering/stripping...I have a drawing of my plans for my truck once i get it scanned i will post a pic until then you have to settle for just pics of the truck...come one come all make fun if youd like i dont care cause i have another car in the garage that leave srt's in the dust lol and yall would prolly make fun of what it is too but again i dont care lol

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Not bad, not bad! Just need to get rid of the chrome grill and chrome handles, black out your headlights, change out your hood, put a wing on it, lift it a littel and you would totally be rocking (for a quarter of the cost most of these guys have paid for their trucks :D)

Welcome to the VTCOA!!!

p.s. - my car when I was a senior was a blue beat up station wagon that did not have reverse! You are so much further than I was when they were a senior!

SANTEEN said:
What a piece of sh%t!!!! A V6? Are you f%@kin kidding me?!! You got balls coming onto this forum!!

Just kidding. :D But, that's the kind of response you would expect on most forums. Not this one brother. Welcome and settle in. We have a great bunch of guys here with a wealth of knowledge. Just let us know when you're ready to swap the Viper motor in that thing.:rock:
A Viper engine in that truck would weigh about 4000 lbs......think about it!!!

Welcome to the family

Welcome. My first vehicle was a new truck with a six. It was my senior year in HS. I modded the engine, added a bed cover, removed the rear bumper, added a rolled pan with "nerf" bars and lowered the front to 6" from the bumper to the ground with big ass tires on the back. We called that "raked" and it was the fad then. Then was "1960". By the way I bet a lot of Guys on this site never heard of "raked" or "nerf bars".

lol thanks guys...and i was kidding about the flaming...just figured it would get more looks that way lol...im actually 21 now and have had the truck for 4yrs now...the handles are actually brushed aluminum by the way but they are going away soon...im gonna put a old school six pack hood scoop on it...im also gonna flat black everything and lower a little more...im also gonna build a nascar style exhaust for it too...as for the wing im gonna go with either a daytona wing or a custom kick up wing im playing around with that would be molded into the tailgate...lots of plans with little money lol...as for the srt killer lol is a 77 Ford Pinto with a small block chevy 350 thats pushing 650hp it runs low 9's in the 1/4...i actually live 2 miles from the Texas Motorplex in ennis and have been racing since i was 8...heres a pic of the pinto!

IM000783.jpg

this is what it looked like about a year ago...i have been overhauling it too...it looks alot different now but its still in the building stage so no pics yet

Welcome, Drew... Nice rides. :rock: I like the idea of a flat black w/ gloss stripes. :) Have you looked into the new options for semi-gloss black (some call it "Hot-Rod" Black)? You'll get less tiger stripes, it will be easier to clean, and it looks KILLER.

Enjoy yer stay.... But, just be willing to except a little "ribbing" from time to time. :D It's all in good fun tho. :eek: :rock: (See Mopar's post, above mine... lol )

Hey boy...........it a dodge.............welcome from the wild west.....:rock: :D :rock:

oh forgot to mention this too lol i bought the truck for 5000 and got the wheels for 600 with almost new tires lol

dang i would love to but thats the day of the nationals in ennis...when i get the chances to go to national events i work for a don schumacher race team as a crew member...i worked for them last year and am only working for them when i can this year...i dont get paid but i get some great memories...theres nothing like standing right behind a top fuel dragster as it launches...keep me posted though on future meets

Very nice looking Ram...and a running pinto! Bought a Pinto when I had no idea what was left (other than my Sportster) when the first wife left...that car was embarrassing, baby shit green, but it did what it needed to do...

Welcome to the family, we love vehicles, trucks first, and we really are a family...thanks for the pictures!

My sons getting his License pretty soon and he wants a Ram, sure as hell aint gonna start him off on a Hemi so I'll be looking for one with a V6.:)

I think you are doing a great job with your truck. I know it is very difficult modding a vehicle while on a limited budget.

Bill.

GADodgetech said:
Make us seem like were assholes :( :( :D

Nope, no assholes here :)dontknow: depending, of course, on your definition of what an asshole is). You'd probably get flamed for a V6 in an :rolleyes:"Alley" somewhere.. [*note to self: That was pretty damn clever.*]

Welcome aboard. Good to see another fellow Texas member around. Enjoy your stay, keep off the grass and try not to feed the animals :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back