Lets help LOVETHISTRUCK (BRAD) out a little

Hey dickie I don't have any cash, but if you did not order your flywheel Yet, I have my spare I can send ya (just needs resurface). Let me know

DevilDawg3097 said:
Hey dickie I don't have any cash, but if you did not order your flywheel Yet, I have my spare I can send ya (just needs resurface). Let me know

How would I go about getting it resurfaced:dontknow: Hell, I might be able to do mine....????

LoveThisTruck said:
How would I go about getting it resurfaced:dontknow: Hell, I might be able to do mine....????
Out there Don't have a clue, brake shops, machine shops. Truck shops still turn rotors and flywheels that is where I take mine to get resurfaced. Actually have the original one back on now.

just a whole bunch of sandpaper its real easy. just use a heavy grit and work your way down to a 2000 or so.

you can also wash your truck this way, gives it a real good distressed look.

j/k...dont do either of those

I'll bet there are quite a few places close to you that can do it. There's a couple here in Lancaster. R&E Racing is a great place.

you can turn the flywheel , but not a big fan, once you turn the flywheel you really shoud compensate and space out the pressure plate to match the amount you took off the flywheel for the clutch to work properly.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
you can turn the flywheel , but not a big fan, once you turn the flywheel you really shoud compensate and space out the pressure plate to match the amount you took off the flywheel for the clutch to work properly.

Ya, I've heard this from a few people now. I'll check with the dealership on Monday, and see how much a new one is.

Brad I hope things are helping out bud, I know I have gotten more than a few pms on the subject of folks not posting up, but helping out:rock: :rock:

Brad I hope things are helping out bud, I know I have gotten more than a few pms on the subject of folks not posting up, but helping out:rock: :rock:

A huge help for sure Tony! Thanks buddy.

Django said:
Wish I had some bucks to help out, Brad....

I wish you all the very best, bro......

D

Thank you Tim:rock:

Picture141.jpg

Resurfacing a flywheel and turning a flywheel are different. Resurfacing should only take out the scuff marks(unless it is warped). The pic is of a resurfaced flywheel still at specs. If your gonna buy a new one Sean sells them for 130 bucks plus I think I paid 15bucks for shipping had it in 2 days.
When I find where I put the specs for minimum thickness I'll put it up.
If it is warped by all means it is better to replace it.

FLYWHEEL​

Common causes of flywheel problems:​

²​
Incorrect bolt tightening

²​
Mounting the flywheel on a dirty crankshaft

flange​

²​
Improper seating on the crankshaft flange shoulder

²​
Heat warpage

²​
Loose flywheel to crankshaft bolts

The flywheel should be replaced if warped or overheated.​

Do not machine the face of the flywheel

to correct a warped or overheated condition.

Clean the crankshaft flange and its mating surface

on the flywheel before assembling. dirt/grease in this
area could cause the flywheel to mis-align when
installing.​

Use
new bolts when mounting flywheel and secure

the bolts with Mopar Lock and Seal or equivalent.
Tighten flywheel bolts to specified torque only. Over​
tightening can distort the flywheel causing run out.

:congrats: :congrats: ...NEW for sure...:argh:

Quick

Spacing is done by putting shims behind the throwout bearing.( take off .040 off flywheel , add .040 shim behind throwout bearing) Isn't that what you mean:dontknow: :D

Last edited:
Back