LETS TALK ENGINES!

I had an interesting idea!! I was woundering what kind of power could be made with a set of Striker heads,an agressive cam,Hogan intake,a good ram air intake,some good coils,wires,underdrive pullies,electric fan,electric water pump,a bump in compression and some good tuning??
What ya think???

I had an interesting idea!! I was woundering what kind of power could be made with a set of Striker heads,an agressive cam,Hogan intake,a good ram air intake,some good coils,wires,underdrive pullies,electric fan,electric water pump,a bump in compression and some good tuning??
What ya think???

more than some & less than others:rock::rock::rock:

is that correct???:elefant::elefant:

What ya think???

Just under 1800 wheel.
It's all in the coils...:D

Last edited:
So back to my original question would it not make sense to change rods and pistons if I had my engine that far apart as to change cam and heads? I understand it will be costly but by increasing volumetric efficiency the potential to , later , FI or even just a bit of spray ,can I afford not to? There was someone on here that did a rod and piston changeout with the block still in the truck! I was wondering how that project ended up

When you do a cam swap in one of these you are down to the short block anyway.

If you are talking about changing to forged pistons and rods, you'll want to pull it and re-balance the rotating..

If you are replacing the o.e.m. with o.e.m. no need to re-balance.

Yes. The balance. So , again , how much weight difference from OEM to forged? The OEM seem really light as they are ! Do any rod and piston manufactures make a better quality parts that weight close to the same as OEM ?

Generally speaking, forged parts are heavier than the cracked powder rods and the hypereutectic pistons used by Dodge.
K1 rods for example (if you want to use those) are 42 grams (each) heavier than the o.e.m. rods.
Pistons (within reason) can be manufactured to various weights by juggling dome thicknesses, skirts, pin bosses, etc.

The cranks in these engines are nearly 100 pounds so I wouldn't get overly concerned about added weight using forged goodies as the trade-off is a more robust engine.
..Better to concentrate on things like lighter and smaller diameter converters as keeping the weight closer to the C/L of the crankshaft helps the engine deal more effectively with negative torque.

Lighter flywheels and clutches also reduce the load hanging off the end of the crank.

Ronnie

Last edited:
Generally speaking, forged parts are heavier than the cracked powder rods and the hypereutectic pistons used by Dodge.
K1 rods for example (if you want to use those) are 42 grams (each) heavier than the o.e.m. rods.

Ronnie

So generally , forged parts are probably heavier than OEM ! That would also means that balancing would be easier due to removing weight from the crank to offset the added forged rod and piston weight instead of having to add weight to the crank for balance procedures.
Can any engine shop balance the viper engine assembly or is there specific equipment to do this?

So generally , forged parts are probably heavier than OEM ! That would also means that balancing would be easier due to removing weight from the crank to offset the added forged rod and piston weight instead of having to add weight to the crank for balance procedures.
Can any engine shop balance the viper engine assembly or is there specific equipment to do this?

AMS does a heck of a job :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back