LETS TALK ENGINES!

Yellow venom

Boosted Venom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some info on NA engines to start!
What's the most power we can get out of a NA Viper engine and what all do you have to do to it to obtain this power???
Throw it at me:dontknow:

You need to speak with Ronnie! He is the N/A guru . Toss the Roe and get a good tune on the 4th of June.

Do the Strikers, cam and the ROE

the Viper cars have 750 h.p. & live

The top of the n.a. food chain is Pro Stock. 2.5+ h.p./cu. inch (500 cubic inch). 1275+ horsepower.

So how much power from a Viper engine that does NOT have nearly the same cylinder head or block development?
Considerably less than that!

It depends... are you asking about MAXIMUM power like the one-way ticket engines in those engine dyno shootouts; or maximum power in a truck you could drive for 100,000+ miles on pump gas?

My own engine is not "optimized" by any stretch...out of the box Striker heads, mild cam, stock exhaust manifolds. under-drive pulley, hi-flow cats, ported throttle body and 10.5:1, stock reciprocating= 675'ish horsepower. It isn't a hard target and is enough power to pound on most Viper cars at the track, even in a 5610 pound tank with an automatic.

I KNOW there are a number of n.a. pump-gas Viper engines out there in the same and higher power ranges.

Ronnie

Last edited:
The top of the n.a. food chain is Pro Stock. 2.5+ h.p./cu. inch (500 cubic inch). 1275+ horsepower.

Ronnie

Let's say top of the "Push Rod" food chain.

Example: A modern 1000cc dual overhead cam motorcycle engine can produce 2.74 h.p. per C.I. with just an exhaust and a tune. That is rear wheel, not at the crank. A 2011 Mercedes ML63 AMG can produce over 500 N.A H.P. with just 6.3 L. (390 C.I.)

The two valve push rod engine has an inefficient combustion chamber. If dodge were to design a dual overhead cam, oversquare V10 engine..... more compression could be run w/o as much risk of detonation. If you just went on Mercedes recepie, we could have 8.3L 658 H.P. N.A. engine. Gen IV heads are getting closer, but DOHC would be the bomb!

why over square????

and the advantages of a DOHC vs a SOHC engine is valve angle also????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back