Lightning vs charger rematch

AdrianCaF91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzPFykLTim4]01 SVT Lightning Vs 11 Charger R/T REMATCH - YouTube[/ame]

praise the lord, the L driver manually put it in 1st for the hit. And that's how you do it.

Sadly i expected the L to lose. Mods on L?

I just thought for a rematch, the r/t would at least have a bottle.....or bring enough.

On the same note, i was surprised to see first hand how much more impressive the srt models are in that body style. Night and day.

Both cars (Truck) are really slow and STUPID. I wouldn't want to be close to either of these idiots.

In a way you are saying the majority of 10's on this forum are slow since a pulley and tune L is faster than your average bolt on 10. Interesting.

Both cars (Truck) are really slow and STUPID. I wouldn't want to be close to either of these idiots.
I race on the street, but not like that. That video scared me. Maybe I'm getting old?

In a way you are saying the majority of 10's on this forum are slow since a pulley and tune L is faster than your average bolt on 10. Interesting.
I DONT want to start an L vs '10 thing. I've stated many times I like both. Having said that, a bolt on '10 is good for mid 12's, on street tires, at full weight. How quick is a typical L with a pulley and a tune, in street trim. I was under the impression they were still 13 second trucks, on average?

Charger wrecked now??

Now for something faster than 13s

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjdsr9uqO0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfebu8osIoA[/ame]

Last edited:

Nope. I'm saying that a 5.7 Hemi Charger is not much to brag about beating, I've seen stock SRT8 chargers (6.1's) run high 13's, so I suspect that one probably runs 14's at best. That being said the Lightning only pulled on the Charger after he let off...a loss for the lightning...in my book. I was just at Famoso Nov. 3 (sunday) and there were 5 Lightnings , the best one ran a low 12 (about 12.1) and he had a Kenne Bell Supercharger, all the rest were in the mid 13's and low 14's....had I not been in my CTS V...my SRT-10 would have had a FEAST.......and the VAST majority of Lightnings are also slow. I've personally raced about 20 Lightnings over the years and I've only lost once, that one had a 4cam GT500 engine with a Whipple, fiberglass leaf springs and was trailered to the track. I know there are many very fast Lightnings , and many that can beat me, but I am still on the stock engine with only bolt ons and a tune. All that is about to change. The Lightning that beat me ran 11.43....so I hope to be much quicker than that with my new build. I will still be NA so I will not challenge the Elite Mega Modded lightnings (I know there are 7,8 and 9 second Lightnings, I will leave those for Dom to deal with), but I will still be streetable and I will surprise quite a few who think like you do, that SRT-10's are very slow. My very first event with my SRT-10 was a drag race for trucks. I was entered in the street tire class, I was bone stock, there was a Lightning, a Harley Davidson Edition and a supercharged SS chevy (AWD). We had to run on our dial, I had to spot the Lighning about .8 in the finals, and I ran 13.07 @107 pure stock to take the win. He was shocked...thinking he was the fastest around...he also thought my truck was a Hemi...till he saw under the hood...then he got scared...and then he lost.:rock:

Last edited:
Here is a classic video from 2006. My SRT-10 had headers and a tune, full weight (5,000 lbs) with bedcover and all. This was a SRT GTG. The last run of the day I ran a Ford Lightning. At 4:15 in the video, listen to the announcer say "for your fast pick up truck, watch the white one, Ford Lightning, F150"......it was perfect to capture that on video......it's hard to hear but at the end he says "doesn't look like he's going to catch the Mopar". I beat him by almost a full second...so much for your slow bolt on SRT-10. Enjoy.

Trainman's Shifting Video

i honestly dont care what your truck ran. That's not the point i was trying to make. It's set up e/t better and has a more experienced driver than most on this site. Which is good. I wish more were, But that's not what every one is after when they go to the track. Your truck trapped 109mph from the video i believe. That's on par some a 4-6lb lower Lightning depending on tune. Not all bolt on 10's will trap that and i assure you not all pulley'ed L's will. There's a lot of crap tunes out there as well as other factors. Leaving e/t out of it and just focusing on MPH, i feel my post was correct.

It also doesnt matter who you beat with what mods. We can search the internet for other 10's, L's, mustangs and chargers or whatever vehicles and see them with close to the same mods on the same vehicle and their e/t's will be all over the place. Some over a full second. I've seen that personally at the track. Spend a lot o time reading and racing a vehicle and you will see just how much mph can vary with the same mods.
a bolt on '10 is good for mid 12's, on street tires, at full weight.
That's on par with a pulley tune and supporting mod L which proves my point. That's why i commented like i did. I was referring to mph the L and 10 make on the track rather than e/t since e/t involves more driver skill, 60' etc. In the video both were an auto and from a roll. Not much to do with 60' and not much to do with driver skill in the video.

It's not a debate. It's not about which vehicle is cheaper to buy, cheaper to make faster/quicker. It's not about what some announcer said at the track in a video edited to make the 10 and driver look good which the race out come would of still been the same. I see the L trapped only 100 in the video. I've seen that many times from a pulley and tune L. I also seen them trap much higher with the same mods. Weather, tune and transmission tuning play a huge roll.

A pulley and tune L is on par with a bolt on 10. Also there's quad cab 10's in this site which are heavier with the same motor and a crap auto making them slower. So i feel it's an insult to call that L which is faster or on par with the the majority slow.

*edit, i can also post up a video of me beating and losing to a 10. That really doesnt go a long with my post. I'm not into posting that i beat other people. I go to the track to try to better my own e/t as do most here. I do post tons of video on my truck though for other reasons. Most shows me losing though. Which is irrelevant to both our post.

Last edited:
Ihonestly dont care what your truck ran. That's not the point i was trying to make. It's set up e/t better and has a more experienced driver than most on this site. Which is good. I wish more were, But that's not what every one is after when they go to the track.

The good news is I would say more of us active members now run our trucks and know how to better than the group you may be use to. Now that they have become cheaper, people don't feel so bad buying one and throwin a little money at it. I would aslo say driver error in the past(and some present) has given the 10's a bad rep due to either heavy slow QC's or a non shifting RC owner. The auto in the L takes out the driver error like you said. It takes a GOOD driver to drive a 10 fast, a grandma with 2 bad knees can crawl in a L and drive it fast.

Now on the orignal VID. I'm gonna
dead-horse1.jpg

and say it was dumb to race like that. Just my opinion and why I go to the track.

i honestly dont care what your truck ran. That's not the point i was trying to make. It's set up e/t better and has a more experienced driver than most on this site. Which is good. I wish more were, But that's not what every one is after when they go to the track. Your truck trapped 109mph from the video i believe. That's on par some a 4-6lb lower Lightning depending on tune. Not all bolt on 10's will trap that and i assure you not all pulley'ed L's will. There's a lot of crap tunes out there as well as other factors. Leaving e/t out of it and just focusing on MPH, i feel my post was correct.

It also doesnt matter who you beat with what mods. We can search the internet for other 10's, L's, mustangs and chargers or whatever vehicles and see them with close to the same mods on the same vehicle and their e/t's will be all over the place. Some over a full second. I've seen that personally at the track. Spend a lot o time reading and racing a vehicle and you will see just how much mph can vary with the same mods.

That's on par with a pulley tune and supporting mod L which proves my point. That's why i commented like i did. I was referring to mph the L and 10 make on the track rather than e/t since e/t involves more driver skill, 60' etc. In the video both were an auto and from a roll. Not much to do with 60' and not much to do with driver skill in the video.

It's not a debate. It's not about which vehicle is cheaper to buy, cheaper to make faster/quicker. It's not about what some announcer said at the track in a video edited to make the 10 and driver look good which the race out come would of still been the same. I see the L trapped only 100 in the video. I've seen that many times from a pulley and tune L. I also seen them trap much higher with the same mods. Weather, tune and transmission tuning play a huge roll.

A pulley and tune L is on par with a bolt on 10. Also there's quad cab 10's in this site which are heavier with the same motor and a crap auto making them slower. So i feel it's an insult to call that L which is faster or on par with the the majority slow.

*edit, i can also post up a video of me beating and losing to a 10. That really doesnt go a long with my post. I'm not into posting that i beat other people. I go to the track to try to better my own e/t as do most here. I do post tons of video on my truck though for other reasons. Most shows me losing though. Which is irrelevant to both our post.

Again, I wasn't trying to start a L vs '10 thing. And I like using the MPH to make an accurate comparison. A bolt on 10's run around 106-109 through the 1/4. Is that what most pulley and tune L runs? Asking because I really don't know.

It is also worth noting that the majority of us who post here how, regularly race our trucks. That's different from previous generations of the VTCoA.

Last edited:
Lightnings taste great!

The bolt on L's round here are mid to high 12's. Ran one that has built engine, ported Eaton, cams, slicks/skinnys, killer chiller, tune, stall converter, etc and he was the closest one Ive ran out of around 10 of them. The others were just low 13 high 12's trucks with all bolt ons and stock SC.
They hook better stock and like said driver error isn't really in the equation in an L! Launching a 10 from dig or roll not only takes skill, but a good set of tires as well, not 22's! Haha
Both trucks rock but I gotta give our 10's the upper hand from experience in Mexico and on track. Most I ran wanted a track run after losing in Mexico....
I obliged :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back