lightnings 3 srt's 2

I did, however get to run an 04RC and 06RC this weekend on the highway from 40 and 60 and had no problem taking them. The 06 being a hair faster I think honestly. He started earlier and I was playing catch up.

No problem taking the '04 RC? It was 1 & 1, last I remembered.
1st run- I clearly won
2nd run-I missed 3rd and went into 5th
3rd run- you missed 4th and went into 2nd, when I looked in the rearview mirror your front end looked like you had slammed on your brakes.
4th run- You clearly won. You have more mods and despite your weight reduction your truck is probably still heavier than mine, you can drive the hell out of that thing.

A friendly tie breaker is in order next time :rock:

No problem taking the '04 RC? It was 1 & 1, last I remembered.
1st run- I clearly won
2nd run-I missed 3rd and went into 5th
3rd run- you missed 4th and went into 2nd, when I looked in the rearview mirror your front end looked like you had slammed on your brakes.
4th run- You clearly won. You have more mods and despite your weight reduction your truck is probably still heavier than mine, you can drive the hell out of that thing.

A friendly tie breaker is in order next time :rock:

Thanks sir for the compliments! Of course we can have a tie breaker :D

When a any QC spanks any RC, it cuts deep. I feel your pain. I seen 1BADTRK's tail gate every race last track outing:reddy:

It's not something I would go around telling everybody that's for sure. I stand a chance from a roll, I wouldn't even try it from a dig :confused:

I haven't even tried to launch it once.

Yeah except when you are on the highway and 4 1/2 hours from home. Saw the tach backspin to 7000 :mad:[/QUOTE]

I might have done that once myself. If I would have, it might have smacked the rev limiter once before I got clutch back to the floor. Hypothetically speaking, if such a thing would have happened, I might have had a buddy in the passenger seat and the look on his face would have been priceless.

Not that my truck has ever been subjected to such shenanigans... :D

Yeah except when you are on the highway and 4 1/2 hours from home. Saw the tach backspin to 7000 :mad:

I might have done that once myself. If I would have, it might have smacked the rev limiter once before I got clutch back to the floor. Hypothetically speaking, if such a thing would have happened, I might have had a buddy in the passenger seat and the look on his face would have been priceless.

Not that my truck has ever been subjected to such shenanigans... :D[/QUOTE]

Problem is when the engine is over-revved from an improper downshift instead of upshift, the REV limiter WILL NOT WORK :mad: Luckily it never missed a beat. One day I need to change valve springs and pushrods anyways:p

Problem is when the engine is over-revved from an improper downshift instead of upshift, the REV limiter WILL NOT WORK :mad: Luckily it never missed a beat. One day I need to change valve springs and pushrods anyways:p

Mine never saw over 6100, hypothetically.

I used to shift at about 5800. Then I backed it down to 5500. Now I shift closer to 5200. No use wasting the midrange torque that 8.3 liters builds. Having said that, I bet a 7000 RPM Viper engine would sound amazing!

I used to shift at about 5800. Then I backed it down to 5500. Now I shift closer to 5200. No use wasting the midrange torque that 8.3 liters builds. Having said that, I bet a 7000 RPM Viper engine would sound amazing!

It sounded SCARY as fawk:dontknow:

He's a great guy Jerry, we just need to mod him and his truck a bit and he'll be on kill setting for any Lightning they throw his way:D
Well, most of em anyways:p

I'm sure he's a great guy......I was just playing with him....all in good fun....but if a guy says he's never tried to launch the truck....he's a sissy!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back