lightnings 3 srt's 2

I used to shift at about 5800. Then I backed it down to 5500. Now I shift closer to 5200. No use wasting the midrange torque that 8.3 liters builds. Having said that, I bet a 7000 RPM Viper engine would sound amazing!

I usually shift at 6,000 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, then about 5,600 into 4th. I spent a day making passes at Famoso some years ago because one of the members on here said if I shifted at 5,500 in stead of 6,000 I would go quicker. Well I tried that and I lost some time. I broke down the time slips into increments (60' to 330', 330' to 1/8th, 1/8th to 1,000' and 1,000' to 1/4 mile) and the only increment that was quicker by short-shifting was from the 1/8th to the 1,000' , which was my 3-4 shift. Since then I've been pretty happy with my results. I realize every truck is different, and I make peak horsepower at 5,600, so I feel the best performance is going a few hundred rpm past peak, therefore I shift at 6,000 1-2 & 2-3, and I go through the lights at almost 6,100.

I usually shift at 6,000 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, then about 5,600 into 4th. I spent a day making passes at Famoso some years ago because one of the members on here said if I shifted at 5,500 in stead of 6,000 I would go quicker. Well I tried that and I lost some time. I broke down the time slips into increments (60' to 330', 330' to 1/8th, 1/8th to 1,000' and 1,000' to 1/4 mile) and the only increment that was quicker by short-shifting was from the 1/8th to the 1,000' , which was my 3-4 shift. Since then I've been pretty happy with my results. I realize every truck is different, and I make peak horsepower at 5,600, so I feel the best performance is going a few hundred rpm past peak, therefore I shift at 6,000 1-2 & 2-3, and I go through the lights at almost 6,100.

I am going to give that short shift into 4th a shot, obviously as you said every truck is different, but I'd like to try different things to see if it would result in a decrease in e/t.

I'm sure he's a great guy......I was just playing with him....all in good fun....but if a guy says he's never tried to launch the truck....he's a sissy!

I have another truck that I am spending money on. My daily is a dually, my project is an LS powered '55 5 window Chevy truck, and I consider the 10 to be my luxurious weekend vehicle .

The only things I don't like about these trucks is the resale value of a truck and the repair bills of a Viper......

What's up yall. I'm the guy with the white lightning. Those where some cool rims too bad it was hot as Hell.I ran my last pass agaims the red srt 10 had just ran one before that not even 30 minutes prior to is running. Ran seven times and didn't run as good as I do one being the heat. Oh well also had a broken coil And didn't know .until it almost shot a plug the next week. Both of you guys could bang some gearsv for sure hope to see some of you in October.

What's up yall. I'm the guy with the white lightning. Those where some cool rims too bad it was hot as Hell.I ran my last pass agaims the red srt 10 had just ran one before that not even 30 minutes prior to is running. Ran seven times and didn't run as good as I do one being the heat. Oh well also had a broken coil And didn't know .until it almost shot a plug the next week. Both of you guys could bang some gearsv for sure hope to see some of you in October.

October should provide awesome DA to run in! Hope to make it bro and thanks for the compliments. Wish we'd gotten there sooner but it still was HOT regardless. I've got my slicks and skinnies again finally so I'll be able to hook and book! See y'all soon

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back