Line Loc

We had ordered line-lock at JMB.
It's a long time ago, but I gues we got the bracket from JMB, but the line-lock itself was in a JTSVP box.

Lets get this tread back on topic lol. So sounds like Hurst brand is definitly the brand to go with and i will be getting the bracket and lines from him also but id like to hear what people think about having it verse not having it. Does anyone use it as kinda like a launch control or are people just using it to warm up the tires without burnin up the rear brakes.

it's either on or off...i bet you could hold it while you tried to release the clutch to help build boost in a turbo application, but it's just an on/off that i know of...

it's either on or off...i bet you could hold it while you tried to release the clutch to help build boost in a turbo application, but it's just an on/off that i know of...

right i understand that but what im saying is does it release the brake fast enough if you are using it to launch?

I used it on mine as a launch and a deal for the burnout, at launch you can apply it, I had mine on the shifter handle, that way easy dissengage, but you can hold at the line, let the clutch out till it starts to pull , then light green ,drop an pop easy deal, and yes dan is correct, you can spool up the turbo some, downside is doing this you are heavily riding the clutch so remember the clutch gets burned quicker, but price ya pay

Last edited:
I used it on mine as a launch and a deal for the burnout, at launch you can apply it, I had mine on the shifter handle, that way easy dissengage, but you can hold at the line, let the clutch out till it starts to pull , then light green ,drop an pop easy deal, and yes dan is correct, you can spool up the turbo some, downside is doing this you are heavily riding the clutch so remember the clutch gets burned quicker, but price ya pay

My truck is auto accaully. I j/ hate buring up the back brakes doing the burn out. Easy to launch auto with just holding brake pedle but was just wondering if it kinda acted the same way wanted to see if it made any type of difference. My main reason for wanting the line loc though overall is to save from tearing up my back brakes and making so i can warm up the tires a little easier.

the line lock goes into the front brake system, upon activation, it locks up the front brakes.

when you depress the brake pedal, and hold it to the floor, the activate the line lock, it activates a solonoid that closes off and holds pressure on the front brakes only,

this way in the burnout box you can activate the line lock, hold it, and do your burnout without risking taking out the rear axle or wearing out the brakes.

also on the line, you can activate the line lock and that way you dont have to put pressure on the brake pedal and have the front and rears applied at launch, you can stall up a little more, keep more concentration, and actually get a better 60ft as all you are releasing is the front brakes

the line lock goes into the front brake system, upon activation, it locks up the front brakes.

when you depress the brake pedal, and hold it to the floor, the activate the line lock, it activates a solonoid that closes off and holds pressure on the front brakes only,

this way in the burnout box you can activate the line lock, hold it, and do your burnout without risking taking out the rear axle or wearing out the brakes.

also on the line, you can activate the line lock and that way you dont have to put pressure on the brake pedal and have the front and rears applied at launch, you can stall up a little more, keep more concentration, and actually get a better 60ft as all you are releasing is the front brakes

he just said he knows "how they work, dildo":congrats:

Thanks Tony. Let me know when you get that pricing all in order

you're like 3500 miles away...

i'm not worried:marchmellow::marchmellow::slug::slug:

but ok...do it, pussy:D

Let meet half way, Punch each other in the face then have a smoke and a beer and drive back haha

Let meet half way, Punch each other in the face then have a smoke and a beer and drive back haha

no...that's too far...

hangover.jpg

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back