Looking for info on performance mods

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
Hi. I just joined today and have had my 04 RC SRT10 for about 9 months now. I want to start doin some performance mods. I have installed a volant air intake that makes the hood functional and did full custom 3" exhaust with no cats (simulators from Roe). Flowing thru 2 Thrush 2 chamber mufflers, Sounds awesome. No headers yet. I was told the Gibson ones are no good, too small primarys. I just purchased Taylor 8mm plug wires and if anyone knows if they are any good please let me know. I would love to get any info I can on what mods are best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I am looking for a B&M shifter, anyone who has one for sale or know where I can get one? Thanks Sean.

Welcome. As the first truck rolled off the line 8 years ago. The site has become pretty developed. There is a ton of trial and error here. And with 995,000 post there is a wealth of information. The search feature brings up alot more results than most forums provide. A shifter is one of the first mods people do, and everyone will tell you it was the best money they have spent so far. There are a few options tho. Give Tony a call at JTSVP.com. Hes one of our vendors. With just about anything, if he doesnt already have one lying around he knows someone that does. You will see a few used shifters go around as people are selling their trucks left and right.

The short tube gibson header are not that good. Long tube header are the way to go for the HP. You can also go with high flow cats. You can get a TB or nos. if that's your thing. I have nos.

Welcome to the vtcoa! If your looking for a shifter the one from Tony at jtsvp.com is awesome. It's what I got and love it. Sct will give you pretty good gains too, I think 20-30 at the wheels! Good luck and post up some pics.

Welcome to the vtcoa! If your looking for a shifter the one from Tony at jtsvp.com is awesome. It's what I got and love it. Sct will give you pretty good gains too, I think 20-30 at the wheels! Good luck and post up some pics.

Same one that i have and i also love it.:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Welcome ..... You have come to the right place for information .... Stinker (Tony) JTSVP.COM can get you in touch with almost anything...

Plan you build with the end in mind. Once you are sure what you ultimately want detail you plan and work that plan.

We are here to help.

Yes, if you want to spend the money go with a long-tube header; they help on these engines with typical mods, but not a great cost/performance returned ratio.
Throttle Bodies will provide more throttle response and power (8-10 h.p.).
An under-drive crank pulley will release some more power (8-10).
Head work with a good cam will provide more power (140+).
NOS works like it does on any engine.
A FULL port on your intake manifold will give you more power depending on how extensive the porting is (10-30).
A good tune- MANDATORY with some mods, will provide more h.p. and torque.
Plug wires..If you have the 8mm you could use them. (I still use the stockers)..
Oil cooler lines (they leak). Have them made at an Industrial Hose place or you can use aftermarket lines.
PS Lines (the fitting on the hose coming from the top/back of the ps pump fails and will eventually leak): Have them made at an Industrial Hose place.

Last edited:
Yes, if you want to spend the money go with a long-tube header; they help on these engines with typical mods, but not a great cost/performance returned ratio.
Head work with a good cam will provide more power (140+).NOS works like it does on any engine.
A FULL port on your intake manifold will give you more power depending on how extensive the porting is (10-30).
Plug wires..If you have the 8mm you could use them. (I still use the stockers)..
Oil cooler lines (they leak). Have them made at an Industrial Hose place or you can use aftermarket lines.
PS Lines (the fitting on the hose coming from the top/back of the ps pump fails and will eventually leak): Have them made at an Industrial Hose place.

Man wouldnt it be nice if there was an economical head option! LOL

Since a heads/cam swap is so expensive, seems that the blower route is the way to go.

But then you have to build a motor (no experience with it myself with a Viper motor, but it seems like 90% of them on here blow up sooner than later), and the clutch/slave setup is inadequate for significant power gains as well.

Gotta spend a LOT if you want to do more than just basic bolt-ons and keep it reliable.

Head work with a good cam will provide more power (140+).
NOS works like it does on any engine.

At what point with these mods will the engine need to/should be forged?

At what point with these mods will the engine need to/should be forged?

You should be fine with everything listed there other than spray. The ring landings on the stock pistons don't hold up well under boost or spray. With heads/cam and all the bolt-ons, you MIGHT make 600rwhp. If you want more, then you should build it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back