Low HP numbers

how can u pull in 3th with our automatic transmission...?
not a stupid question i hope...LOL
but my auto have gear 1 , gear 2 and then D , with the tow button on , it goes to 4th gear , right ?

Tow/haul button off would leave it in third gear.

So how does that work, u leave the tow button off (so its not displaying) then just drive the truck in D until i gets to 3rd? How do you dyno it all the way to the top of third without it shifting? pull the tv cable? Reason why im asking is this sounds like the reason why the dealership couldnt dyno my truck right. Results were...

First run: 253hp @3000rpm and 400lb trq at 3000rpm
Second run: 280hp @ 3500rpm and 415lb trq at 3500rpm
Third run: 333hp @ 4100rpm and 420lb trq @4100

Obviously something wasnt right cuz the power kept going up every run as the rpms did. Not sure if it was the truck or if the dude just didnt know how to bring it to redline.

You should put down better #'s than that. Mine with no cats and a jmb intake with no tune put 459.6/492.3 and with a crappy driver I've ran a 13.12 with a 2.64 60' @ 110.4mph. Never had mine redynoed after the bbk tb and the new demon coils

So how does that work, u leave the tow button off (so its not displaying) then just drive the truck in D until i gets to 3rd? How do you dyno it all the way to the top of third without it shifting? pull the tv cable? Reason why im asking is this sounds like the reason why the dealership couldnt dyno my truck right. Results were...

Obviously something wasnt right cuz the power kept going up every run as the rpms did. Not sure if it was the truck or if the dude just didnt know how to bring it to redline.

With an automatic, you have to get the revs up high enough in 3rd gear before going full throttle... otherwise, as you said, it will downshift back into 2nd (which will read lower #s). Probably get it to 3500 in 3rd before matting the floor with the loud pedal... then it should just give you a solid 3rd gear pull.

Maybe someone with an auto will chime in here. I had an '05QC, but never got it dyno'd.

Snakes, you should come down to Calgary and hook up with Ronnie. He will get you on Toma's dyno and you will find out what you really have.

From what I'm assuming you went to Derrick dodge? If so there dyno isn't that great it's mostly for checking speedo variation and other things your numbers will be low on that one compared to a dynojet.

I run mine to 3200 with tow/haul light on and hit the pedal, it won't drop back in to second on my truck. Got the shift points at 5800 so I get good numbers.

From what I'm assuming you went to Derrick dodge? If so there dyno isn't that great it's mostly for checking speedo variation and other things your numbers will be low on that one compared to a dynojet.

I would for sure question Derrick Dodges dyno,they play with the #'s there!! I know that for sure cause they had a red QC with aftermaket wheels and painted door handles stock with a paxton bolted on,thats it and they said it hit 900RWHP:argh:,so do the math on that one!!

And Welcome to the club Snakes709:rock:

Last edited:
Back on the subject of the thread, what's the lowest numbers anyone has pulled on a SRT truck? Just curious to see how far Scott's numbers are.

damn , what an idiot i'v been on saying that it goes to 4th gear with tow on...:eek:
offcourse it goes to 3th...:D

i'm going to the dyno in a few weeks , if i can find the time to take my truck to them.

How to DYNO your 48RE AUTO!!

The 48RE auto tranny does have to be put in tow/haul and the TV on the Throttle Body needs disconnecting to prevent accidental downshift during Dyno Run!! As said putting the selector on the shifter in tow/haul will unlock torque converter longer and keep in 3rd gear until pushed again when 4th gear is needed.;)

Yea, i made them a deal, well, they kinda screwed me. They were kinda low balling me on my trade in, so they were going to give me 3 dyno runs for free. While the sales manager was trying to set that up, i got my friend to buy a truck from them. They do that "$100 referral" thing. But what they did was use my $100 for the dyno without my say in the matter. And those are the results i got. Never again will i go there. Normally i go to Horsepower Solutions. So I'll give them a call when my SCT comes in.

Last edited:
http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38866

Best ever was 507rwhp on 4.5-6# this is on a regular cab too.

What did you end up doing?? I'm already looking at unloading this one and picking up an '06 R/C. Really frustrating. I'm crossing my fingers that the dyno was off.. gonna make a few passes at the track on Sunday. If I dont get the numbers I want, I am gonna have to do something.

What did you end up doing?? I'm already looking at unloading this one and picking up an '06 R/C. Really frustrating. I'm crossing my fingers that the dyno was off.. gonna make a few passes at the track on Sunday. If I dont get the numbers I want, I am gonna have to do something.

dont get to caught up in numbers. Thats what got me in trouble the first time. I had a Cobalt SS Supercharged (i know, lets all have a laugh) But that car was awesome to work on. Swaped supercharged, meth...everything. Was excepting 300+hp, made 281whp. Got pissed off at it and sold it, bought a 370z....biggest mistake..lol.

After that thread I put on mopar headers better tune and a different pulley to make 6-7#s boost. And now it's apart at the machine shop getting built. (same place yellow venom and yellowfever154 got there's done at)

I'm doing

Billet mains, k1 rods, cp coated pistons, roe 710 cam, porting heads, dual fuel pumps with 69# injectors, and a 10-11# pulley. Sean says he has tuned 2 trucks with this set up and they make 714rwhp.

After that thread I put on mopar headers better tune and a different pulley to make 6-7#s boost. And now it's apart at the machine shop getting built. (same place yellow venom and yellowfever154 got there's done at)

I'm doing

Billet mains, k1 rods, cp coated pistons, roe 710 cam, porting heads, dual fuel pumps with 69# injectors, and a 10-11# pulley. Sean says he has tuned 2 trucks with this set up and they make 714rwhp.

How high you going to bump up your CR Jeff? and how much boost will that be with the smaller ROE pulley? 714RWHP would be sweet:rock:

How high you going to bump up your CR Jeff? and how much boost will that be with the smaller ROE pulley? 714RWHP would be sweet:rock:

9.2-9.5 to 1 whatever Louie orders. The pulley that should be here by now but isn't is a 10-11# pulley and I'm ordering that ctsv 50mm idler. 714rwhp would be sweet that's why i decided to copy the builds that Sean's already done the tunes on so they will be close. Hey if I hit the high 600 mark I will be happy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back