Magna $h*t Muffler!!

Hatedonmostly said:
Thats not true.............................. If so my brand new suv at the time first year and all, Would have not needed a transmission that cost me 3800.00 So you my friend are wrong

I said "usually the best". Not always the best. There are exceptions to every rule and unfortunately your SUV's tranny fell into this category. Didn't the manufacturer cover it under warranty?

FastRam said:
I said "usually the best". Not always the best. There are exceptions to every rule and unfortunately your SUV's tranny fell into this category. Didn't the manufacturer cover it under warranty?

Whats a warranty?????? hell no they red flaged it and had no warranty................. Thats why I will never by anything new again. Car wise anyway. But i understand what you are saying tho. First is always not the best............... And it was honda who screwed me over go figure, It was the new K series motors and trannys, Motor is a very strong motor but the 5 speed blows serious. I just believe in the saying nothing is built perfect, But when it fails company should be the one to warranty their product ahh

Hatedonmostly said:
Whats a warranty?????? hell no they red flaged it and had no warranty................. Thats why I will never by anything new again. Car wise anyway. But i understand what you are saying tho. First is always not the best............... And it was honda who screwed me over go figure, It was the new K series motors and trannys, Motor is a very strong motor but the 5 speed blows serious. I just believe in the saying nothing is built perfect, But when it fails company should be the one to warranty their product ahh

I remember my wife bought a 2000 Accord with the V-6, brand new. One month later they were jerking the tranny out of that thing. The trans controller apparently went bad and the dealer said it was easier and cheaper to replace the whole unit -- go figure. Luckily though our warranty covered it. For your case I would have gone to a higher authority or maybe another dealer. Sorry to hear they screwed ya. BTW, what's a red flag from Honda mean? And yes, if a part fails, any part, the manufacturer should stand behind their warranty they offer.

on our situation on the magnaflow I think it was a first production run deal

they banged them out quickley , then there quality went bad.

I ran my exhaust until last year, now eddie is running it and it still looks new.

but it allways depends on whom you buy from also, if your vendor goes to bat for ya , or at least makes things right for you, or at the very least tries.
then that can be one of the best selling points sometimes also

I have magnaflows on 3 vehicles. My '04 Saleen Cobra came new with a Saleen catback manufacturered by magnaflow so it's 6 yrs old. No problems. I just ordered a magnaflow catback from DC Performance for my recently acquired '05 qc SRT 10. Love how it sounds on the rc.

Venom Power said:
After hearing so many horror stories about Magnaflows going south I jumped outta them and into some Powersticks. I'm STILL trying to get used to the sound. Sometimes #1900 sounds weird. But when I romp on the throttle in a lower gear she screams bloody MUЯDЄЯ
REDRUM...............:rock: :D :rock:

i hope my Magna gonna stay good , got about 5000 miles on it right now...:(

I have the Borla catback and no cats. Love the sound and the pop. I have about 15K on it. And those are not easy miles.

Stinker said:
this is wht I found

when the ram srt's first came out the mufflers were made here in america so they could distribute them quickly of course, made very nicely and durable.

then when things calmed down a bit , they must have outsourced them, product quality dropped.

after a few years most of the time they blow out, the muffler that is.

and honestly havent seen anyone get a new one from them yet.

it seems the steel they used was sub class, causing moisture to build up and rust from the inside out

My stock exhaust is rusting like a b!tch. I'll go take some pics and see what you guys think.

Here they are.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Exhaust 2.jpg
    Exhaust 2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Exhaust 3.jpg
    Exhaust 3.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Exhaust 4.jpg
    Exhaust 4.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Exhaust 5.jpg
    Exhaust 5.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 28
05QCSRT10 said:
It hurts my stomach just looking at my pics. :bawling:

You call ID home? Do ya run the truck in the winter months? It looks like your exhaust and other components under there are taking the worst of road salt. If ID is anything like VA, they use more salt than anything and that includes having the plow actually hit the road surface...:dontknow: :argh:

I just bought the truck from a guy in AZ a couple months ago so I haven't run it in the winter, and I'm not going to. But the guy that I bought it got it from a dealer in Michigan so maybe the dealer took it out in the winter.

Not yet. I'm still deciding what I want to do. The full B&B system is around $4200. I might just delete some of the cats for now, or get some cutouts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back