Major Body Modification

SHU-DOG said:
Holy Crap this is going to be one trick ride.

NOW.......

WHAT COLOR?

Corvette Red, or Ferrarri red if its not obscenely expensive, with a black and red leather interior. May do a black pin stripe on the body, like a 1" or 2" thick one.

Are you in Davenport, Iowa?? How in the hell are any of us gonna get out there to help (read that, watch) with your build.:dontknow: :dontknow:

very interesting machine bro !!!! im thinking like a smoke gray metallic with black a little black mixed in there !!! vintage body with a heart of modern muscle !!!! :rock: :rock:

gunu said:
very interesting machine bro !!!! im thinking like a smoke gray metallic with black a little black mixed in there !!! vintage body with a heart of modern muscle !!!! :rock: :rock:

Well i would really like to go with a paint job similar to the Harley I own
122_0706_38z+2007_harley_davidson_FXDSE_screamin_eagle_dyna+side.jpg
. Its red, black graphics, and the line between the red and black is gold, and the clear coat has metallic in it so the whole thing sparkles. I don't want to copy it exactly, but i like how the colors go together and the metallic in the clear makes it really "pop".

FATJACK said:
Are you in Davenport, Iowa?? How in the hell are any of us gonna get out there to help (read that, watch) with your build.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Yeah, Davenport, Iowa. But in Iraq right now for work, so I have dad doing some stuff on it while i am here til July, he owns a Fab shop, so we can build anything we need. Probably won't see many pics until then. I own just about everything needed to finish the truck, and the rest of the stuff i am buying now so its sitting there when i get home. The only real help I need is someone that is good at lining up doors, and doing body work. I can fab about anything, but HATE body work. Working on a design for the SRT-10 front calipers to mount to a Mustang II spindle.

progress

Been a while since i updated. so here are some new pics. Got the cab sand blasted and now i get to make the firewall and floor, with tranny tunnel. Have to modify the exhaust manifolds to run where i want, and not interfere with the firewall. Anyone have some used Gibson Headers for sale??? Those would be easier to modify. Comin along well.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    775.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    631.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    661.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    646.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    675.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    818.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    663.2 KB · Views: 96
motor mounts

Here is how i got this beast mounted in there, had to fabricate all the mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    621.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    759.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    784.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    603.7 KB · Views: 95
viperhauler said:
you clearly have no idea what you're doing:D :D :D

this is so fkin sick!!!!!!!!

This is my first truck build/rebuild, there are points I feel I have no idea what I am doing, then it just comes to me. Most of the stuff I am doing, I have never seen done, only see things I like on finished street rods, then try to duplicate the parts I like best. The one thing I am unsure of is whether or not I have the suspension low enough to set the truck on the ground, and I already lowered it about 15 inches from stock... The roof line when the truck is on the ground will sit about as high as your average new 4 door car.

toofast_28 said:
This is my first truck build/rebuild, there are points I feel I have no idea what I am doing, then it just comes to me. Most of the stuff I am doing, I have never seen done, only see things I like on finished street rods, then try to duplicate the parts I like best. The one thing I am unsure of is whether or not I have the suspension low enough to set the truck on the ground, and I already lowered it about 15 inches from stock... The roof line when the truck is on the ground will sit about as high as your average new 4 door car.
You, my friend, are a large part of why America is so great. Keep the faith. :rock: :burnout: P.S. you may want to give the VIN number of the wreck to Viper Jeff for reference. Double P.S. Love the Harley (is that a Dyna Glide?)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back