Manual shifter in Quad Cab

jschlee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Quad cab and I don`t like the automatic transmission (I'm european). Is it possible to put a manual transmission into the quad cab?

For example, does the manual transmission fit, is the clutch mount there. Did anyone try this?

No not without a huge amount of work. The bell housing is molded differently.

Just buy an RC and pull it to the track with your QC!

Its just money, and the Euro is so strong that it will only take a few pay checks to get her done!

I have a scattershield that will bolt up to either block.

This takes a lot of the pain out of the swap.

Talk to Stinker about this...........;)

This has been over a year in development.

I will have one installed in the red truck shortly.

It is roll formed and S.F.I. certified.

Ah, a solution to the slush box problem...got a price on the scatter shield?

Just buy an RC and pull it to the track with your QC!

hahaha, very funny

That will not work for me, changing the shifter is a option I suppose....

I think I'll keep on rolling with the automatic (I have two kids, no option for a RC :dontknow: )

Well buying a RC would be a solution, but our laws have changed a bit. Let me explain

A RC costs approx 25.000 USD
that is 16.029.75 euro`s, this is very nice because a Toyota Avensis 1.6 16v with 77.000 km costs 16.000 euro`s around here

but here we go :

I have to ship it : 2.000 euro`s
The government needs to check it : 1.000 euro`s
Tax will be added (BPM) : 5.000 euro`s
Tax (earth tax) will be added : 20.000 euro`s
Again another tax will be added over the grand total (19%)

The SRT will cost me : 52.250 euro`s that is : 81.489,10 USD :dontknow:

So I prefer buying parts :)

jschlee said:
Well buying a RC would be a solution, but our laws have changed a bit. Let me explain

A RC costs approx 25.000 USD
that is 16.029.75 euro`s, this is very nice because a Toyota Avensis 1.6 16v with 77.000 km costs 16.000 euro`s around here

but here we go :

I have to ship it : 2.000 euro`s
The government needs to check it : 1.000 euro`s
Tax will be added (BPM) : 5.000 euro`s
Tax (earth tax) will be added : 20.000 euro`s
Again another tax will be added over the grand total (19%)

The SRT will cost me : 52.250 euro`s that is : 81.489,10 USD :dontknow:

So I prefer buying parts :)

Protectionism lives!

Those of you in Europe that have made the sacrifice to own one of these trucks are true enthusiasts! You Rock!

Prof said:
Protectionism lives!

Those of you in Europe that have made the sacrifice to own one of these trucks are true enthusiasts! You Rock!

And those down under. :D I think I'm in for around $90K when I'm finished. That's around $70,000 US minus all the parts like clutch kit, JMB goods, B&B exhaust/headers etc. Truly sucks but is still cheaper than buying one locally......I'd be looking at $110,00+ buying one someone else brought into New Zealand. Sorry for going off topic, best of luck with it. When buying, 3 pedals was my only option. Mind you, I don't have kids. :p

For a RC you don't pay BPM tax (car older then juli 2005)and slurptax(only new cars after Feb 2008).

a 25.000 dollar car wil not cost more then 30.000 euro.

Alex

FSTJACK said:

HEY FSTJACK,your putting auto in a RC? or a 6speed in a QC? Would it be much cost difference to go from an Auto in a RC as a 6 speed in a QC? around the same?:dontknow:

axxel said:
For a RC you don't pay BPM tax (car older then juli 2005)and slurptax(only new cars after Feb 2008).

a 25.000 dollar car wil not cost more then 30.000 euro.

Alex

Yep AXXEL that`s true, my calculation was made with a brand new car.

Isn`t possible to change everything? engine + clutch & shifter :

clutch_engine.jpg

Simplest way would be to locate a R/C in a salvage yard and buy the whole truck or find a friend with an R/C that wants an automatic trans.

Hi Justin... Good to see you aboard.. A dutchman again :rock: :rock: :rock:
There is a 04 Viper engine with manual transmission for sale in Zeeland. Somebody wrecked a 04 singel cab overthere..
I bought the complete interior last year and put it into my '96 Ram Indy. The center floor console is into my 05 Quad cab. The engine and manual transmission is still for sale but not cheap btw!!!

Can't you mount a tiptronic kind of shifter on the wheel on a QC?
I thought I saw it somewhere. If I remember correctly the std steering wheel had to go, also the airbag in other words. And (at least in Belgium) by law we can't temper with the airbag ....

So if I understand correctly a engine with a shifter will fit? Elwin, can you sent me the e-mail adres of that dude? thnkx!

A tiptronic sounds ok aswell, but do they exist?

I found an 20.000 mile engine with manual transmission in the netherlands for 15.458,00 Dollar.

What does an engine with manual transmission included costs in the USA?

FSTJACK said:

This is exactly what I was looking for. The specific application is for putting in an 06RC engine into an 05QC. Do you have any in stock Jack?

And does this work on the srt? 15.000 dollars for a block is little expensive. 1.400 for paddles is ok.

But you don't understand why I don't like auto transmission?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back