Manual Tranny keeps blowing master cylinder

So if i buy the metal master and slave and only that, my clutch pedal will be easier to press? Or do i have to buy a dual disc clutch too? i run a spec 3+ clutch and a clutch master cylinder, slave, trans from a gen 2 viper car.

Also i dont see any thing related to the clutch master cylinder in the srt10 ram section on JTS VP's website. I have one on Roe's site though. But those add a spacer or something which wont work with my set up. The clutch wont fully engage. not enough air gap.

Yes, you only need to change to the JTS Venom master and slave. I had the Viper system when we installed the McLeod Twin Disc (3 finger, not diaphragm) and the pedal pressure was way harder. After ruining 2 slaves and breaking the master out of the firewall, I went to the JTS V system, no other changes and the pedal pressure was reduced by almost 75%, way easier.

So if i buy the metal master and slave and only that, my clutch pedal will be easier to press? Or do i have to buy a dual disc clutch too? i run a spec 3+ clutch and a clutch master cylinder, slave, trans from a gen 2 viper car.

Also i dont see any thing related to the clutch master cylinder in the srt10 ram section on JTS VP's website. I have one on Roe's site though. But those add a spacer or something which wont work with my set up. The clutch wont fully engage. not enough air gap.

Might try a gen 3 car master first? My clutch has a lighter than stock pedal with the spec 3+

Is the gen 3 plastic? I have to get a custom holder fabricated for anything else than what i have so i wont to do this again only once.

And have you tried a gen 2 master cylinder and a spec 3+? I have nothing to compare what i have to. I want the biggest lightest feel possible.

Yeah it's plastic, but it is a larger diameter than the stock truck master which is what gives you the lighter feel, not sure what diameter the gen 2 is. Your master just turn a 1/4 rotation to the left to come out of the firewall right?

my master doesnt look anything like that, maybe dodge upgraded them since i bought a new one

Ahh, rock auto lists the same part number for the gen 2 and gen 3 so that's not really any help
A buddy who ordered it for me used to work at a Dodge Dealer ship. So i cant look it up. Ill have him call the Dealership and see if he can look it up.

Why do you need the part number?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back