Manual transmission fluid change

Rice Eater said:
how often should tranny fluid be changed on manuals?

The factory stuff??? right when you get home from the dealer :D

With the new fluid...Depends on your driving style. I changed mine with every-other oil change.

Yikes, same here, I didnt think it was soo easy. Off to Walfart

Should we wait till the truck cools off?

Last edited:
Oh man.....i'm afraid to see what mine is gonna look like after I drain it......I hope there is still some tranny left in there to preserve!

Rice Eater said:
how long does the truck need to sit before pulling the plug?

The hotter the better but dont burn yourself . With the thick factory oil the heat will thin it out somewhat and you will get more out .
As to the question on fluid Patrick is more than correct as we have done a lot of Tremac and a few viper t56 and everyone but Mopar recomends ATF and at my age I asked several times before I could believe it too but it is correct . Maybe a note from Tremac would keep your warrenty :dontknow: LOL
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Yep I been usin it for years now, but me an Patrick do have a small dispute;)

I like the redline and he likes the mobil 1:D

Autozone sux. Only had Mobil 1 for almost $7 a qt.
The old fluid looked like crude oil. New fluid was like cranberry juice.

Rice did you get a pm?

Misterhemi03! you and Rice better get ready!!!! bitches!!!LOLOL

I got my slicks on today:rock: :burnout:

YYYEEEAAAHHHHH baby!!! now we got some fun goin on!!!LOLO:rock:

I tell ya what 3 bean buritos, and 4 jalepeno burgers and we'll see who smokes who!!!LOLOLO:D :p :p :p :p

Misterhemi03 said:
Thats where the nickname comes from. Hopefully we wont be able to justify it over the weekend.

LMFAO! you smell that!?

Stink glad to hear you are getting closer to rolling that baby out! I just got the Mobile 1 tonight....gonna put in tomorra.....I'll try the redline next time!! My store didn't have it so guess I'm gonna have to order it from some where. Does Royal Purple make tranny fluid?

I'm sure you will see the difference when you drain it and replace it with new fluid, I noticed a difference in the quick response and how the syncro's 'popped' into place.

Let us know how yours does!

-Patrick

I think Stinkers DIY threads are great. :D :rock: :dancing: I may even try this myself next time. :dontknow: :D

actual trans cap?

I find it odd there is no published trans capacity. Whats up with that? What if your driveway is sloped? I'm glad engine oil is speced out.

droptail said:
I find it odd there is no published trans capacity. Whats up with that? What if your driveway is sloped? I'm glad engine oil is speced out.
2.27 Liters - T56 2005 Service Manual

Like a differential, fill till it comes out of the fill-hole. If your on a slope, then its going to be fun...:p

droptail said:
I measured the amount of factory oil that I drained out first (3.9 qts). Then I refilled with new fluid and amazingly it took 3.9 qts to refill it. :dontknow:

:D

Exactly not ditching Patrick , but I to have found mistakes in the manual, its about 4 qts on the manual trannies, and in the manual it says about 7 qts on the automatic and it actually takes almost 10 qts.:dontknow:

Stinker said:
Exactly not ditching Patrick , but I to have found mistakes in the manual, its about 4 qts on the manual trannies, and in the manual it says about 7 qts on the automatic and it actually takes almost 10 qts.:dontknow:

Yeah, I notcied mine took about 3.5, almost 4 to fill..I did loose about 1/2 on the floor though :D :D

:rock::D:p

Back