Maximizer Long Tube Headers and Midpipes for SRT10

Looks nice and clean to me :cool:

curious to see how the metal looks after using them for awhile - great find :D

All stainless turns rainbow and dark colored after heat. Will look 100% better than rusty manifolds, and I never really noticed them lol.
They look great! And yes on the better than rusty!

All stainless turns rainbow and dark colored after heat. Will look 100% better than rusty manifolds, and I never really noticed them lol.
Yeah the cast iron manifolds alway look crappy and rusted .. makes me wonder why the manufacturers didn’t use a non rusting typ metal and lighter weight to begin with ?

Yeah the cast iron manifolds alway look crappy and rusted .. makes me wonder why the manufacturers didn’t use a non rusting typ metal and lighter weight to begin with ?
THEY ARE CHEAP!

THEY ARE CHEAP!
I would think the actual cost to make shorties or even long tubes would be cheaper based on material and manufacturing techniques

Are those actual Cats or empty look a-likes .. doesn’t matter to me since we don’t have those BS emissions laws where I live .
I don't either in Ga. However, Torrie has a big warning label on his website that if emissions has been messed with or deleted, he will NOT do a custom tune. Joe Bribdem's EPA have way overstepped their boundary.

SIDEBAR: If deleting Cats, a re-tune should be done.

Here we are in 2024 and it seems rare that Headers just bolt on without some tweaks.
I had to use some "robust" ratchet straps on the passenger side and a bolt extender to twist a flange to bolt to the head on the driver's side.
In fairness, B&B asked why I didn't send them back (from Canada). My thoughts- Why weren't they properly built/checked in the first place?
Anyway, Headers can be an adventure and thanks for documenting yours.

The smaller Primaries should work well, particularly if you live at altitude.

For the gain I got (or didn't get) I should have left the ported exhaust manifolds on. And that's using Striker heads, more agressive cam profile and an increase to 11:1 all which move considerably more air.

Your results may vary, as they say.

Last edited:
Drivers side went well.
Had to clearence the the block/bellhousing.
Also needed a longer battery cable.
I will post up what I used when I complete the cable tonight.

20240317_184051.jpg 20240317_184103.jpg 20240317_184105.jpg 20240317_184140.jpg 20240317_184154.jpg 20240317_184206.jpg

Looking go .. what’s the clearance on the plug wires . They appear to be the factory wires ,, have you though of upgrading or at least using some wire heat sleeves ,l, wouldn’t want to see them get burned on the header .. would really like to see a decent coil pack relocation setup to eliminate intake removal .. Hint Hint ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back