Mod-Horsepower Gain List/Calculator.

DIABLO_X22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying To Figure Out How Much Horse Im Pushing. NO Access To Dyno. I Think About 540 hp.????? What Do You Guys Think?

2005 Quad Cab:

Volant CAI- ? hp? 10?

Roe Racing Throttle Body- ? hp? 10?

SCT Tuner- ? hp? 20?

Flowmaster Cat Back- ??????? Any????

170 Thermosatat I Dont Think Any HP Gains.

:evil:

HA

Just Want To Know How Many Lengths Im Going To SMOKE You By! THIS IS WORK!!!!! THE BLOOD RED BLUR!!!!!!! ZOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!! :evil:

Mineral Grey is the faster color...deal w/it!!
HAHA

Well I think i remember seeing my year 04 sc, with like 428whp, that was on a stock truck. But dyno is your way to go, I would find a place somewhere around your area and get it done bro.

DIABLO_X22 said:
Trying To Figure Out How Much Horse Im Pushing. NO Access To Dyno. I Think About 540 hp.????? What Do You Guys Think?

2005 Quad Cab:

Volant CAI- ? hp? 10?

Roe Racing Throttle Body- ? hp? 10?

SCT Tuner- ? hp? 20?

Flowmaster Cat Back- ??????? Any????

170 Thermosatat I Dont Think Any HP Gains.

:evil:
You talking wheel or flywheel hp?

I'm thinking that he is thinking crank whoa lots of thinking there, If i added mine up to the crank would be tad over 600

One thing you guys have to remeber though is that mods dont "stack". For example, I buy a cai and an exhaust both manufactures say they each will give a gain of 10 hp. so that means 20 hp right? No, it could be 10 it could be 12, but they dont stack. ;)

GADodgetech said:
One thing you guys have to remeber though is that mods dont "stack". For example, I buy a cai and an exhaust both manufactures say they each will give a gain of 10 hp. so that means 20 hp right? No, it could be 10 it could be 12, but they dont stack. ;)

I thought you can only gain with more mods you do, persay intake,TB,full exhaust. One only helps the next and so on.

most bone stock i have seen is 418-420 ,,,do all the bolt ons you will ticlke 445 to 450 ,,,460 if you dump cats

DIABLO_X22 said:
Well Stock Is 500 is that fly or wheels?

500 HP is crank (engine) power.

A stock (pre 2008) Viper is 425 wheel on a Dynojet, which normally reads higher than other dynos.

So, a STOCK Reg. Cab should be very close to 425 wheel and a QC 390 or so.

In the end, it is just numbers, but if you use the same dyno and same operator it gives you a base to tune with and to see if your mods are working or not.

Keep in mind you can get a dyno to read almost any number you want.

A loading dyno (like a Mustang) can simulate road-load and is the better one to tune with, I think.

Ronnie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back