Modding NA

seth

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
I think I finally want to mod my 06 qc. However, I don't want to go with FI as it looks like to do it right you have to add on 10k to build the motor plus 10k for the supercharger setup.

If I wanted a very fast, very reliable NA, what would the complete list be? I am not sure where I am going yet, but probably roe and jmb.

My 0.02c

CAI
Headers
Catless or Hi-flow mid pipes
Cat back Exhaust
Throttle Body
170 Degree Thermostat
SCT XCalibrator 2 Tuner

That should net you around 570-590hp @ the flywheel.
Around 465rwhp (auto), safe, sound and plenty enough for the truck.

You can make it faster without "performance hp mods" by dealing to the lack of traction. Caltracs, traction kits, after market 45 series tyres, QA1 Shocks. I have done all the above to mine and haven't had it enough to comment but from I have felt when I drove it briefly for a test run was it was a huge difference. The throttle body alone felt like 20hp seat of the pants response.

If you want to go a step further and be at the limit do Carl's list plus a set of Striker Heads....that will put you close to 650-700P at the crank and about the limt of the stock internals...

Headers
Catless or Hi-flow mid pipes
Cat back Exhaust
170 Degree Thermostat
SCT XCalibrator 2 Tuner
Striker heads
and a 150 shot of NOS

First reinforcement mod...transmission.

SCT
CAI or K&N drop in filter
New exhaust without cats or remove rear cats and change fronts to high flows.

The SCT will give you the biggest gain for the buck. With PCM flash (same as the SCT), CAI and Borla EXT without rear cats I was at 438 RWHP and 500 TRQ.

seth said:
I think I finally want to mod my 06 qc. However, I don't want to go with FI as it looks like to do it right you have to add on 10k to build the motor plus 10k for the supercharger setup.

If I wanted a very fast, very reliable NA, what would the complete list be? I am not sure where I am going yet, but probably roe and jmb.

You would have to define "very fast" :)
I went this way... (in the Signature.) and is one way you could go about it.

For the very reliable part, I am still having tranny troubles...

Last edited:
I went with the mods in my sig and am awaiting new dyno tune numbers. Wait....I'm waiting on getting the truck to run. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back