Moderator Position(s) Available

RedSrt007

Reaction score
Will the recent loss of Roktman and a forum which has many active members, the VTCOA has 1 / possibly 2 moderator position available.

The position cannot be filled by any people who is on the Board from Houston VTCA meeting.

On many forums, the Admins just pick the Moderators, but with the "For Members, By Members" mentality, this is going to be similar to TOTM, with Jack and I making the final decisions based off qualifications, computer skills, etc... ;)

I would like to mention that the hours arnt very good and the pay is none, oh oh oh and we don't offer any benefits besides trying to handle a group of nut-cases, but its fun at times. :D

If interested for the job position, or would like to nominate a member, please PM me or post on this thread.

off-topic posts will be deleted

thank you

VTCOA Administration

Last edited:
RedSrt007 said:
Will the recent loss of Roktman and a forum which has many active members, the VTCOA has 1 / possibly 2 moderator position available.

On many forums, the Admins just pick the Moderators, but with the "For Members, By Members" mentality, this is going to be similar to TOTM, with Jack and I making the final decisions based off qualifications, computer skills, etc... ;)

I would like to mention that the hours arnt very good and the pay is none, oh oh oh and we don't offer any benefits besides trying to handle a group of nut-cases, but its fun at times. :D

If interested for the job position, or would like to nominate a member, please PM me or post on this thread.

thank you

VTCOA Administration
Thanks I already have a job with poor hours,poor pay and poor benefits!:D But I do nominate Silverback!

mopower1958 said:
Thanks I already have a job with poor hours,poor pay and poor benefits!:D But I do nominate Silverback!
What he said.....maybe The Sickness too.

Walt

It's too hard to only nominate two, as there are plenty of viable candidates for that position. I would nominate Silverback & Stinker, just because they are always on the boards. I know they are the reasons the board is fun and interactive.

I would nominate Silverback as well.In my leaving I did just that thing to Patrick.

This type of position requires a good level of management skill and experience and good decision making abilities.There is so much more depending on what the description and Admin allows the Mod to do.It may be doing vendor followups,soliciting potential sponsors etc.The back door diplomacy that goes on is second to none at times to resolve disputes.What you DON`T see is more active by far than what you DO see on the board.The State Department would be proud .
Another requirement is a certain level of formal education.You have to be smart enough to do the aformentioned tasks.Silverback far exceeds that requirement.

Last edited:
Thanks Red Ram appreciated, But for those that have spoken to the man I nominate THESICKNESS, the man has a loyal heart of gold down deep:D

Stinker said:
Thanks Red Ram appreciated, But for those that have spoken to the man I nominate THESICKNESS, the man has a loyal heart of gold down deep:D

You are SOOOOOO right on that he would be a good pick..:rock:

RedSrt007 said:

The position cannot be filled by any people who is on the Board from Houston VTCA meeting.

thank you

VTCOA Administration

Silverback
Sickness
Stinker
Silent D

I ditto all of the forementioned persons.

Jack enlightend me as to the difficulties it is for Jack and Patrick in forming this forum and its continued operation. I :congrats: the person(s) who are asked and accept. They will need our support in their new duties.
To the individuals utimately chosen, GOOD LUCK AND THANKS

NBT said:
Silverback
Sickness
Stinker
Silent D
I nominate TheSickness!! -
:D :rock: :dontknow:

Just think, in his "spare" time when he is not babysitting and diaper changing for free.... he can do product review for our vendors, by test driving our members trucks after they buy and install all their way cool mods...

Now that right there is a benefit for BOTH vendors and members .:eek:!!! (OR NOT) ;)

The others mentioned are all excellent choices, too IMO :D

ROKTMAN said:
I would nominate Silverback as well.In my leaving I did just that thing to Patrick.

This type of position requires a good level of management skill and experience and good decision making abilities.There is so much more depending on what the description and Amin allows the Mod to do.It may be doing vendor followups,soliciting potential sponsors etc.The back door diplomacy that goes on is second to none at times to resolve disputes.What you DON`T see is more active by far than what you DO see on the board.The State Department would be proud .
Another requirement is a certain level of formal education.You have to be smart enough to do the aformentioned tasks.Silverback far exceeds that requirement.

WOW. I don't know what to say Dave, except I'm honored by your kind words.

Unfortunately I will have to decline. As much as I would like to do this in order to support the forum, my current work schedule does not allow me the time to do it justice. Hell, I'm working from home right now in order to have a couple presentations ready for tomorrow morning. This sucks by the way.

There are many fine candidates that are members of the family here that would do an outstanding job.

Oh hell. Jack/Patrick, send me a PM of what you would expect of an moderator. I will see if I can fit it in if schedule allows. Maybe I can give up one meal a day. Not like that wouldn't hurt me.

And Dave, once again thank you for your kind words.:rock:

Silverback said:
WOW. I don't know what to say Dave, except I'm honored by your kind words.

Unfortunately I will have to decline. As much as I would like to do this in order to support the forum, my current work schedule does not allow me the time to do it justice. Hell, I'm working from home right now in order to have a couple presentations ready for tomorrow morning. This sucks by the way.

There are many fine candidates that are members of the family here that would do an outstanding job.

Oh hell. Jack/Patrick, send me a PM of what you would expect of an moderator. I will see if I can fit it in if schedule allows. Maybe I can give up one meal a day. Not like that wouldn't hurt me.

And Dave, once again thank you for your kind words.:rock:

Do it Silver.....:D ...

Instead of Silver being slammed...lets get Silver + Shawn and Walt .....good combo............Stink it is too much fum watching you call people out on their B.S....hard to do as a mod....therefore you need to stay out.......:D

It would be very hard for me to choose from such a great list of candidates....

We have so many skilled individuals with such wide and varied credentials.... The quality of members and their brains is quite impressive.

I'm afraid I couldn't even make a choice....... I'd be staisfied with anyone that Jack or Patrick chose...... For the most part, this is a bunch of class acts..... It really depends on the sufficiency of time and willingness to do the job....

SD

This is such a difficult and responsible choice I took a few hours to mull over the member list to come up with the second candidate that I would consider for the position.

Django would be a viabile choice along with Silverback.

The abovementioned qualifications such as sound decision making skills ,management level experience and sound formal education exceed the norm as does Silvers.

I think a Mod team of John and Tim would serve the forum responsibly and effectively.

Just my .02 ,which adjusted for inflation is worth $1.50. If adjusted for gasoline pricing structure........$12.37

edited....your killing me here wifey!! :D :D...

Last edited by a moderator:
He could say that he recommends "selfsame sexual penetration"....:D

By the way, "thank you" to those who brought my name into this process...

I'm not sure if I'm even qualified for the position.....

I have little technical knowledge and I'm (at best) a conservative modder..... I also have very little (if any) true race experience....... I beieve that guys like Jack O'Donnell are the real template for this position. You need more than a just slick writer for this gig.

Still, I am humbled by even being mentioned here....

SD

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back