Mods need to run 12.50's in 1/4 mile

snake2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping dc performance ecu, 170 themo stat, and no cats would do the trick....by the way it is a 2004 rc with no mods. I just bought it 6 weeks ago please help with any tips would a shifter help 3 gear is a bitch sometimes how about rear end gears 4.88

thanks in advance

J

12.5 is a good time on street tires...I would say you could do it with those mods, but everything would need to go JUST RIGHT. Track conditions, weather, driver, etc...

To run that time consitantly, your going to need more then a flash and no cats...

Exahust, Flash, no cats, shifter, caltracs could get you there.

or Slicks :D

Hey J,
I would think your gonna need more like CAI , headers , and the other stuff Patrick listed also if your not to far from Hollywood you could stop by and check out my B&M shifter haven't missed 3rd since i got it .

Cheers J.T.

snake2144 said:
what is caltracts and should i change the rear end gears?

Well, without doing research...I dont know if you have a Rc, 04 /05..

But rear end is dependant on your tire size you choose. If you have 4.56's then I would leave them in there.

I'm about 45 mins. away in rancho cucamonga I may come by and check out the b&m shifter...sounds like it could help alot.

do headers make that much of a difference?

Well the to best run's for n/a that I know about are Trainman and Bucke77 there mods are very similar Headers , mids , catback ,CAI , PCM , and DR's and two very skilled drivers.

Cheers J.T.

I just installed my shifter tonight.... .. I like it alot, much quicker shifts and it just goes right into 3rd.... JT had me sold when I drove his truck.

bucke77 you have a very nice truck, in your sig the truck is lowered how much? and what kit?

snake2144 said:
bucke77 you have a very nice truck, in your sig the truck is lowered how much? and what kit?
It looks great on camera :D Robert I need my Rock-blockers installed picking them up tomorrow.

Cheers J.T.
congrats on the shifter you just have to get your self that nice pistol shifter:p :p

you should go with the M&H Drag Radials on a 17" rim. That will give you traction and lower gearing from being a shorter tire. Drag Radials and NOS are the two best MODS most bang for the $$. Shifter is a must also!

You are not going to run 12.5 with bolt on's unless several events coincide on race day.

You will need:
(a) a superbly prepped track
(b) extremely good DA
(c) an expertly executed launch and shifts

Good luck. From looking at the timeslip bar only 1 person on this board has realized these 3 factors on the same day. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
You are not going to run 12.5 with bolt on's unless several events coincide on race day.

You will need:
(a) a superbly prepped track
(b) extremely good DA
(c) an expertly executed launch and shifts

Good luck. From looking at the timeslip bar only 1 person on this board has realized these 3 factors on the same day. ;)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Catracs are Traction bars made by Calvert racing in Lancaster, Ca
I have them Installed on my Quad and believe they work Guaranteed.
380.00 for a pair well worth it.

Don't think it will happen with what you have outlined.

Look at Trainmans timeslip, he went 12.64.........his truck has more than you mentioned and he is also a very good driver.

This was at a very well prepped track with good air.

100 shot and drag radials is probably best way to get a 12.5. Our tracks here in SoCal suck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back