Mopar/borola exhaust install

FL06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys who has installed their mopar/Borola exhaust on the ground without a lift? Can it be done? how big of a pain is it? I was wondering if I could do it one weekend with the help of the wife if needed. Thanks!

Depends how your wife looks on her back under the truck!!! Might be more fun working the wife!! :) :):rock:

I did.....it's a pain. Get a friend to help, you will need the extra hands.

I see you have an 06 as well. Expect only a couple of hangers to line up!

I thought about installing mine on the ground by myself. After careful consideration and debate I decided to have a local shop do it. Even though the original exhaust only had about 5000 miles on it, removing the old system was a PITA. If you do it yourself and plan to retain the original exhaust, use plenty of penetrating oil on the joints and hangers. And have plenty of 2x4's and hammers ready. Heating the joints should also help separate them. Or you could take the simple route and just cut off the old system and safe yourself a ton of headaches. A sawzall should work fine.

The shop who did my install also cursed the Mopar hangers. None of them lined up right -- all had to be readjusted. Also, plan on welding the Mopar exhaust joints. The band clamps I had didn't seal well. 4 of the 6 clamps leaked. I ended up taking the truck back to the shop to have the pipes all welded up.

I know magnaflow does not offer a system for the 06's. there are so few out thwere that not many peple offer things for the 06's. is the exhaust listed for an 06? I had to cut and weld hangers on my maggie to get it to fit my 06? ...........well, my exhaust gu did anyways:D

04-05 is a different exhaust route than the 06's

Geodriller said:
I know magnaflow does not offer a system for the 06's. there are so few out thwere that not many peple offer things for the 06's. is the exhaust listed for an 06? I had to cut and weld hangers on my maggie to get it to fit my 06? ...........well, my exhaust gu did anyways:D

04-05 is a different exhaust route than the 06's

Yes mopar is the only one that has one that is supposed to be bolt on ready for the 2006 :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back