MOPAR ECM VS SCT WITH MOPAR HEADERS

THEDAV

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am working on getting a set of Mopar Long tubes and want to know your opinions on the Mopar ECM vs a SCT. I prefer the Mopar ECM because it is made for the vehicle to work with the headers and the cam, but do any of you know how it would affect the performance without the comp cam?

From reading old posts I understand that a SCT Tuner will give me more options, but the highest grade of gas up here is 90 and I don't have access to a dyno so I don't know if I'd get the full benefit from a SCT, or would I?

I don't plan on making any more engine modifications to the chariot after this, . . . . . I think . . . . . maybe the MOPAR cam at a later date . . . . . :burnout: :D

And if I do add the cam later, would I have to do something different to the ECM?

And last question, any members done a before and after dyno after similiar mods?

Thanks and safe motoring!

with an ecm you need to have it flashed for extra mods added later, sct you can jsut upgrade with a new tune

But will I get the any more or less gains from a SCT without having access to a dyno and only having 90 octane gas available?

Would the Mopar ECM even be worth a damn without installing the comp cam too?

Dave-

I'd contact DC Performance in Los Angeles. They can set you up with an SCT controller and some great tunes.
You don't need access to a dyno but your results will be limited somewhat with 90 octane fuel, especially at your altitude.
I'd also leave your stock thermostat alone, tell your tuner you are using the stock unit and he can set your fan program accordingly.

As far as a cam swap goes, there are easier and cheaper ways to gain some more power.
A cam swap is often part of a larger plan like cylinder head mods/replacement AND a cam upgrade to match.

Ronnie

Last edited:
But will I get the any more or less gains from a SCT without having access to a dyno and only having 90 octane gas available?

Would the Mopar ECM even be worth a damn without installing the comp cam too?

well your not going to see a ton of gains either way with either one, about 25 or so hp, but if you contact torrie thru jtsvp the price is very vvery nice, and he will work with you on your tunes to get the most out of you applications, even on sunday

well your not going to see a ton of gains either way with either one, about 25 or so hp, but if you contact torrie thru jtsvp the price is very vvery nice, and he will work with you on your tunes to get the most out of you applications, even on sunday

You just can't help yourself can you? Go away and come back tomorrow!

bbbaaahahhahahhaha gotta allways take care of my boys man!

just hooked up another deal today! lOLOL billet fuel pump hangers daddy!:D

and a few other surprises;)

Not trying to hoe up this guys thread, just wanted to tell you to go away and enjoy your fricking day off old man!

But I will say that I'm back to go fast or light weight parts only, and there isn't much left for me to get that cost some serious coin.....now if you have some new lightweight or go fast parts holla at your boy! But I still have a few more small visual thing to get and ill be happy how it looks....after that I need to find a good body shop to get some work done!

:D
Not trying to hoe up this guys thread, just wanted to tell you to go away and enjoy your fricking day off old man!

But I will say that I'm back to go fast or light weight parts only, and there isn't much left for me to get that cost some serious coin.....now if you have some new lightweight or go fast parts holla at your boy! But I still have a few more small visual thing to get and ill be happy how it looks....after that I need to find a good body shop to get some work done!

:D:D:D:D

i just installed a custom tune from torrie on my yellow fever and dropped in a k&n filter. i've only driven it about a mile, but can definitely feel the difference!! well satisfied..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back