MOTOR pic's only

Stinker said:
anyone that has busted knuckles will tell ya, motors are electric:D

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats:

You can believe as you wish...right is right, wrong is wrong, and some are just rained out.

Any your engine/motor is nothing...

"JERRYROBINSON (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 14:07
I know that NASA and Boeing aircraft both use 60,000 hp motors on their wind tunnels.

We actually have in our possession the old motors off the Seattle wind tunnel. It was 36,000 hp wound rotor induction motor, 10 pole. It was coupled to a 20,000 hp synchronous motor thru an eddy-current coupling, and had a 450 hp wound rotor pony motor on the common shaft.

The 450 pony started the sync motor, which accelerated the 3600 thru the clutch. when the unit was up to slip speed, it was closed onto the power system to minimize impact on the utility.

I believe I read an article that both Siemens and ABB both have breached the 80,000 hp rating, but cannot find the article.
jraef (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 15:00
We have had this discussion here in the past, but I couldn't find it. At one time ABB was working on a 125,000HP motor and drive for Boeing's supersonic wind tunnel, but that got the axe when Boeing abandoned the SST for the 2nd time recently. ":p :p :p

6pakattack said:
What truck show you going to now Earl ???:dontknow:
There is a new shopping area called The Shops at Wiregrass,about 5 minutes from the house,they are having a show every month thru september,going for my 23rd trophy.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:
You can believe as you wish...right is right, wrong is wrong, and some are just rained out.

Any your engine/motor is nothing...

"JERRYROBINSON (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 14:07
I know that NASA and Boeing aircraft both use 60,000 hp motors on their wind tunnels.

We actually have in our possession the old motors off the Seattle wind tunnel. It was 36,000 hp wound rotor induction motor, 10 pole. It was coupled to a 20,000 hp synchronous motor thru an eddy-current coupling, and had a 450 hp wound rotor pony motor on the common shaft.

The 450 pony started the sync motor, which accelerated the 3600 thru the clutch. when the unit was up to slip speed, it was closed onto the power system to minimize impact on the utility.

I believe I read an article that both Siemens and ABB both have breached the 80,000 hp rating, but cannot find the article.
jraef (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 15:00
We have had this discussion here in the past, but I couldn't find it. At one time ABB was working on a 125,000HP motor and drive for Boeing's supersonic wind tunnel, but that got the axe when Boeing abandoned the SST for the 2nd time recently. ":p :p :p
wheres the piston in that booeing there profernator:D

Did you even read the definition?

Facts are facts, opinions are opinions...

Prof said:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Just one more little piece of evidence (not opinion...), try using a thesaurus, you will find that motor and engine are interchangeable.

Now if you say internal combustion engine...you will probably have a piston or two with a couple of exceptions...

Or if you say electric motor you are being more specific and I would expect to find an armature.

But the words engine and motor are synonyms. Plain and simple.

Prof said:

LOLOL I dont believe it , I got ol profernator rilled up:D

defintion smition a motor is electric............and thats my opinion:p

webster dont know didly:marchmellow:

all i knows is i be an engine mechanic with some motor work thrown in

:rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
all i knows is i be an engine mechanic with some motor work thrown in

:rock: :rock: :rock:

And one I would recommend to anyone!

Prof said:
And one I would recommend to anyone!

thank ya

as i would recommend your tutelage to anyone :rock: :rock: :rock:

Stinker said:
LOLOL we wrench turners are sorta pissy about those two words arent we?:D

you bet your butt.

would that be that pride thingy???? lol:rock: :rock: :rock:

we now return control of this thread to WAZZSUP:rock: :rock: :rock:

take it away WAZZ:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

lol

Prof said:
Is a Mazda Rotary an engine? No pistons...:dontknow:

that is a neat engine. exceptions to EVERY rule!!!!!!!!:rock:

the question is is a 2 rotor engine a 6 cyl??????

3 rotor a 9 cyl. engine?????

Stinker said:
the rotor itself is considered a piston, it pulls and pushes compression:)

thats the way i sees it.

guy at work is a rotary lover. from what i learned from him, i don't think you can shove too muck air & fuel into one

then there is always the Stirling Engine.

external combustion engine

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back