MOTOR pic's only

IMG_8410.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg

Prof said:
The dictionary considers motor and engine as synonyms. A motor can be an intern combustion engine or an electric motor. You can even say that the electric motor is the system engine.

That dictionary is wrong............ and no you can't call a motor a engine, because it isn't LOL it's a motor, they are two different things.

Motor is slang for engine, sometimes. My bestfriends dad would kick us out of the garage it we called an engine a motor.. LOL

An engine is a mechanical device that produces some form of output from a given input.

An engine whose purpose is to produce kinetic energy output from a fuel source is called a prime mover; alternatively, a motor is a device which produces kinetic energy from other forms of energy (such as electricity, a flow of hydraulic fluid or compressed air).

A motor car (automobile) has a starter motor and motors to drive pumps (fuel, power steering, etc) – but the power plant that propels the car is called an engine. The term 'motor' was originally used to distinguish the new internal combustion engine -powered vehicles from earlier vehicles powered by a steam engine (as in steam roller and motor roller).;)

Prof said:
You can believe as you wish...right is right, wrong is wrong, and some are just rained out.

Any your engine/motor is nothing...

"JERRYROBINSON (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 14:07
I know that NASA and Boeing aircraft both use 60,000 hp motors on their wind tunnels.

We actually have in our possession the old motors off the Seattle wind tunnel. It was 36,000 hp wound rotor induction motor, 10 pole. It was coupled to a 20,000 hp synchronous motor thru an eddy-current coupling, and had a 450 hp wound rotor pony motor on the common shaft.

The 450 pony started the sync motor, which accelerated the 3600 thru the clutch. when the unit was up to slip speed, it was closed onto the power system to minimize impact on the utility.

I believe I read an article that both Siemens and ABB both have breached the 80,000 hp rating, but cannot find the article.
jraef (Electrical)
28 Feb 07 15:00
We have had this discussion here in the past, but I couldn't find it. At one time ABB was working on a 125,000HP motor and drive for Boeing's supersonic wind tunnel, but that got the axe when Boeing abandoned the SST for the 2nd time recently. ":p :p :p

Those are electric motors...... Not engines

bigike said:
That dictionary is wrong............ and no you can't call a motor a engine, because it isn't LOL it's a motor, they are two different things.

Motor is slang for engine, sometimes. My bestfriends dad would kick us out of the garage it we called an engine a motor.. LOL

An engine is a mechanical device that produces some form of output from a given input.

An engine whose purpose is to produce kinetic energy output from a fuel source is called a prime mover; alternatively, a motor is a device which produces kinetic energy from other forms of energy (such as electricity, a flow of hydraulic fluid or compressed air).

A motor car (automobile) has a starter motor and motors to drive pumps (fuel, power steering, etc) – but the power plant that propels the car is called an engine. The term 'motor' was originally used to distinguish the new internal combustion engine -powered vehicles from earlier vehicles powered by a steam engine (as in steam roller and motor roller).;)
I say motor not engine :) :)

I got it...you are correct because your friends father was irate when you used what he thought was the wrong term and the dictionary and thesaurus are wrong.

I hear what you are saying and I see your point...I just would not put it in print where all could see it:p :D

bigike said:
Those are electric motors...... Not engines

badass motors for sure. but still motors

GADodgetech said:
I say motor not engine :) :)

dam kids now a days, lol.

well then if i'm ever in your neck of the woods i would let ya work on my starter motor, wiper motor, windshield washer motor, blower motor, vent door motor, window motors, rear view mirror motor, etc.

then i would look around for an engine mechanic

:rock: :rock: :rock:

LOLOL prof i love ya to death bro:D :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

now go clean ya motor for the next sho bud, it sure is a sweet motor, I jsut hope your wiper engine never goes out in the rain bud:D

....MOD'S...please change the thread to..WHAT'S UNDER YOUR HOOD ?....not enough pic's yet....feller's

X1.jpg

Last edited:
THEWELSHM said:
I say engine, but if I speak to one of you all I say motor:D

thewelshm
Is that like Positive earth verses Negetive ground, dynamo verses alternator, or trunk lid verses bonnet :dontknow: :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

ZCx said:
dam kids now a days, lol.

well then if i'm ever in your neck of the woods i would let ya work on my starter motor, wiper motor, windshield washer motor, blower motor, vent door motor, window motors, rear view mirror motor, etc.

then i would look around for an engine mechanic

:rock: :rock: :rock:
How do you say tomato? :D :D :D :D :D

THEWELSHM said:
Now thats POSH:rock: :rock:

thewelshm

Well Thank you:rock: ,I done all the work myself,sad part is I'm losing my intake but for a good cause,I just gotta paint up the ROE very,very soon:D :burnout: :D :burnout:

eddie102870 said:
i know its not mine anymore but the bill to get it there is:D
gradandmotor011.jpg
Hey blessed aluminum hat man....lol my independent bud...you got rid of all that power.....that's some nice work!!:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back