Much better day at the track...BUT

STANSRT10 said:
whats up i am stan the guy from the track with the black srt10 supercharged i am new to this so we will see how it goes.

Hey Stan, this is Dave. We raced at Bandimere wednesday night. Great run!! Can you provide me and the others what all has been done to your truck? Also, where and who did the tune? I may stop by and meet your tuner and ask a few questions about what I may need or how to get your performance numbers with my setup.

Welcome to our group, there is a lot of great information shared...generally no secrets between any of us. We're here to help eachother out and get the best performance possible no matter what the setup.

Sealed air box, enlighten me ? Paxton box is not air tight ? Or are you speaking as in a ram air type system. ?

the metal elbow at the blower gives you about 20 hp....that black plastic accordion lookin tube (look like a dryer vent) hurts you. AND you spray the meth BEFORE the blower for added gains.

STANSRT10 said:
whats up i am stan the guy from the track with the black srt10 supercharged i am new to this so we will see how it goes.

Hi Stan and welcome,
Im glad you were able to get on here.
Please explain your setup and especially your 16" custom rims.:burnout:
Thanks,
Taylor

I dunno....Dan at DC says its better for cooling BEFORE the blower....better for detonation AFTER.....WE fight heatsoak so badly on these trucks that BEFORE the blower adds more HP.

Cool thanks Blake for the explanation. Yeah a ram air type setup for SC allways rocks. Has anyone ever tried a two intercooler type setup ?

I installed my meth after the blower, we will see results. After talking to Paxton, the do not recommend spraying water into the internal parts of the blower, etc...So to me, a -10 gain that could have been there is worth it for the longevity of the blower IMHO

I will let you know the gains

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
I installed my meth after the blower, we will see results. After talking to Paxton, the do not recommend spraying water into the internal parts of the blower, etc...So to me, a -10 gain that could have been there is worth it for the longevity of the blower IMHO

I will let you know the gains

-Red

after the blower...............?......you wuss....:D

i dont really have any secrets on my truck. my rims are 17inch and 11 inch wide we had to grind down the calipers a little the tires are m&h drag radials 390/40/17. i got a d1 procharger 6 pounds of boost custom built. 170 thermo stat, vec 2 computer dont know what my programing is its going in this week for a better tune. gibson shorty headers. 65 pound injecters, i shortened the shifter 2inchs, delete 2 cats. we also ajusted the shifter there is a big bolt on the trans that allows you to adjust shift so you dont stick between gears. took off the spare tire and jack. if you have any more ? ask me.

Thanks for the info. Who's doing or did the tune? I may want to check them out and see what they can do for mine.

STANSRT10 said:
i dont really have any secrets on my truck. my rims are 17inch and 11 inch wide we had to grind down the calipers a little the tires are m&h drag radials 390/40/17. i got a d1 procharger 6 pounds of boost custom built. 170 thermo stat, vec 2 computer dont know what my programing is its going in this week for a better tune. gibson shorty headers. 65 pound injecters, i shortened the shifter 2inchs, delete 2 cats. we also ajusted the shifter there is a big bolt on the trans that allows you to adjust shift so you dont stick between gears. took off the spare tire and jack. if you have any more ? ask me.

Got any pics of the Procharger and Intercooler install? I'd like to see that set-up.:D

STANSRT10 said:
What's the big bolt on trans that will make shifting better? :confused:

It just dawned on me that I could post the timeslip between StanSRT10 and myself. My times (the slower ones) are on the right and Stan on the left. Sorry about the bluriness...but you get the picture.

Attachments

• Resize of 2006-08-20 001.JPG
    Resize of 2006-08-20 001.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 57
there is a bolt with a nut on it dont know what its called but when i had my trans out on the ground i got to looking at it and if you loosen it back a little and play with the shifter you can feel it go into gear easeier or not catch between gears as much. or maybe its all in my head. but it works for me and have had no problems. it does seem togrind if you are shifting fast but only sometimes.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back