MY MOTOR HAS METAL IN THE OIL :(

I have a stock '05 auto motor with around 10k miles on it that I would consider selling for the right price. It is still in the truck but will be coming out soon and getting replaced with a forged motor.

Junkyards, wrecking companies, salvage places & auto recyclers are not full of Viper trucks waiting to be stripped. only two places maybe actually deal with Vipers

Usable engine cores are not available to rebuilders like Jasper etc. (thank God)

Viper parts are not kept in stock at the most auto stores like O'Reillys, auto zone or napa.

Few shops have the machinery/tools to refurbish a Viper engine. Plus you need somebody that knows what they're doing with them

If the SRT10 Ram had a "Hemi" in it you could get a crate engine with a credit card and one phone call.

You can do that for a Viper also...... or so they advertise. ......

http://www.moparproshop.com/viper_engines1

I have no compression in the #1 cylinder in my V10 and the rings and valves are in good shape. Anyone know what's going on in my engine

I have no compression in the #1 cylinder in my V10 and the rings and valves are in good shape. Anyone know what's going on in my engine

You have not answered my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black View Post
Hi, I just took my SRT10 to the dealer for a tuneup and they said the #1 cylinder is not firing and there is metal in the oil. I told the dealer to fix it and he said there are NO ENGINES available at any price! I am well funded and offered him $30,000.00 to get it running fast (price is no object). He said "BETTER TO BUY A USED SRT10 Ram in the paper and junk this one! This is my first experience with this kind of situation! WTF is going on? Sure I have spent 10 years in a cubical ignoring the world and I do not get out much but this kind of news is just NUTS! Can't get engine parts? REALLY! Can anyone help me understand and get me a source?

2005, 8.3L, auto-trany.

You are in San Diego correct? Was this Carl Burger Dodge that is telling you this? They are supposed to be an SRT Dealer.
If I were you I'd seek out Dan Cragin at Specialty Performance up in Alhambra, CA. That Lad knows his shit times 1000.

I have a engine out of totaled truck w/3600 miles on it, has long tube headers, comp coupe cam w/ controller, roe racing tb, stainless valves, it was rebuilt 2 years ago I have all the receipts.. I also have the 6speed trans as well, it was upgraded to bronze syncros while I had it apart..

the entire motor is painted bright red, " everything" its a heat paint so I can take the abuse..

As seen below ............

you may have a bad lifter. Have your oil tested by an independant testing place. Don't trust the dealership's opinion. In other words,, Get a second opinion before you burn the truck ;)

Back