My new diesel.

Mega Cab's Rock!

Looks like a good ol 5.9 too....

Now you need an SRT 10 hood and Bumper to make it complete!

sit rep.
gone close to 7,00 miles in it now. everything still works.
installed the EGT today.
and got it stuck AGAIN.
this is a worthless POS once you get off the highway or driveway.
had to be pulled out by the dairy farmer today.
the truck really moves. pushing no less then 450HP at the wheels now with exhaust and chip.
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
i want to get a fuel tank, lower rear gears, and a bigger turbo. i also need to do a high idle kit.

still love it, but when i drove the 10 today, the clutch felt odd. WHY THE HELL COULD THEY NOT USE THE DIESEL CLUTCH ON THE 10?

scoobert said:

still love it, but when i drove the 10 today, the clutch felt odd. WHY THE HELL COULD THEY NOT USE THE DIESEL CLUTCH ON THE 10?

Did you replace the slave cylinder with the Viper (car) unit yet? The stock truck ones are plastic.... That should improve the feel. :dontknow:

scoobert said:
sit rep.
gone close to 7,00 miles in it now. everything still works.
installed the EGT today.
and got it stuck AGAIN.
this is a worthless POS once you get off the highway or driveway.
had to be pulled out by the dairy farmer today.
the truck really moves. pushing no less then 450HP at the wheels now with exhaust and chip.
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
i want to get a fuel tank, lower rear gears, and a bigger turbo. i also need to do a high idle kit.

Have you considered getting a winch for the new truck? I think a winch would be very useful around here and maybe for you too...if you are getting stuck it might be a great investment.

Prof said:
Have you considered getting a winch for the new truck? I think a winch would be very useful around here and maybe for you too...if you are getting stuck it might be a great investment.

I have it planned for later. i will most likely get a receiver type, and a front receiver. this way i can swap it front to rear when needed. not until next year now. i have blown my truck budget $2000 ago :p still need to undercoat it before anymore snow falls. i think perhaps the 200 gallon fuel tank in the back will help, looking to get that in the next two weeks from tractor supply. thanks for the recommendation.

Black1 said:
Did you replace the slave cylinder with the Viper (car) unit yet? The stock truck ones are plastic.... That should improve the feel. :dontknow:

:( no. i blew the 2009 truck budget on tires. and that was a bad year. this years focus was the new truck. next year i should be able to do something with/to the truck. i may end up selling it to get a boat; i have a few months to play with the ideas for spring.

I want a winch bad...but it won't look good on the truck or the CTS V...how do you guys think it would look on Christine's Prius???

Prof said:
I want a winch bad...but it won't look good on the truck or the CTS V...how do you guys think it would look on Christine's Prius???

Yeah, put it on the prius. Then post pics:D

i want to see a Bush/Chaney 04 sticker on a prius.
i saw an odd one yesterday cant remember what it was, something positive about logging.

scoobert said:
I have it planned for later. i will most likely get a receiver type, and a front receiver. this way i can swap it front to rear when needed. not until next year now. i have blown my truck budget $2000 ago :p still need to undercoat it before anymore snow falls. i think perhaps the 200 gallon fuel tank in the back will help, looking to get that in the next two weeks from tractor supply. thanks for the recommendation.

Getting those highway all-season tires off of there would be a significant improvement.... even something like highway all-terrain tires would help. But, you might not want to do that, because you are on highway 98% of the time. :dontknow:

These Michelin's are on sale right now at Tire Rack....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...6&autoModel=Ram 2500 MegaCab 2wd&autoModClar=

Last edited:
Prof said:
I want a winch bad.......

Wenches are GREAT!!! :D :D :D

beer-wench-small.jpg

:burnout:

what type of aux tank you going with? In bed or stock tank replacement. on the front hitch take a look at bodiak fron end hitches. i kindof like them. i think i will go with the warn gen2 trans4mer set up on my 2011 3500

in bed, i want no less then 200 gallons, that will give me over 4000 miles of range! i will also be running red fuel, so those pumps are not everywhere.

as for the front i am weighing getting a ranch hand summit bumper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back