My new diesel.

FastSRT19 said:
Wrong.....:D

Wrong again...:aetsch:
No PC needed for the inspection team, they can literally tear down your vehicle if they choose.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! ;)

i do not believe your opinions are correct. please post a reference for you claims.

scoobert said:
i do not believe your opinions are correct. please post a reference for you claims.

Which State would you like a reference to? They are all a little different.

This will give you an idea... it's a couple years old, but I can assure you, the issue has only got more attention since then:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/22scmin1.htm

Beth Petty, IRS, led a roundtable discussion on dyed diesel and invited participation in a regional enforcement crackdown called Operation Red Alert to take place the end of April. She noted that there has been a small drop in on-road enforcement, but there have been increased violations found at the State level.

Last edited:
wesalbert said:
I'm guessing the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

on the 03 and up high pressure common rail (hpcr) there is a rubber plug on the fuel rail. which some trucks are popping due to increased rail pressure from added boxes. i would think the fuel filter bowl would be easy enough

scoobert said:

They are telling you the truth.

Get caught with off road farm fuel and you will have a fine to pay.

And they can/ and will catch you using it at any means. remember catching people like you is what pays the bills for them :)

RAMDUDE said:
They are telling you the truth.

Get caught with off road farm fuel and you will have a fine to pay.

And they can/ and will catch you using it at any means. remember catching people like you is what pays the bills for them :)

i find it odd, i have been driving over 150,000 a year and noone has asked me or any of the trucks i have run with to do a test.
i think its a non issue, just like cats, sure its illegal to take them out, sure there is a fine, how many get caught?

sstdusty said:
on the 03 and up high pressure common rail (hpcr) there is a rubber plug on the fuel rail. which some trucks are popping due to increased rail pressure from added boxes. i would think the fuel filter bowl would be easy enough

i dont think opening anything on the common rail system would be wise. 25,000PSI will cut your finger off.

BlackKnight said:
Excuse my laziness for not looking it up but what's ag-fuel and why is running it on the roads illegal?

there are 3 diesel types.

home heating fuel, untaxed
farm/off road diesel, state sales tax only on off road
on road, taxed federal, taxed with state fuel tax, and taxed a third time with sales tax.

on road is green, off road and home heating is RED.

they are all #2 diesel, they differ slightly in sulfur content as well.

scoobert said:

Drive down State Rt 206 at the right moment and i will give them to you in a nice 4x9 form.:D

The man with a heater on his hip has ended this conversation.

What a fitting end. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back