My SRT/10s RHD Conversion

Thanks guys. :) Yup, the manufacture and duplicated a reverse dash and setup from scratch. It's quite amazing really. Obviously no one makes RHD set ups so they really had no choice lol. :D

Carlwalski said:
Thanks guys. :) Yup, the manufacture and duplicated a reverse dash and setup from scratch. It's quite amazing really. Obviously no one makes RHD set ups so they really had no choice lol. :D

Holy CRAP, it looks bloody FACTORY!!!! :dontknow: :rock: :D That '06 interior is growing on me... it REALLY looks good, even backwards. :)

SOOOOOOOOOO.... What do you think of your new toy, Carl??? :)

Thanks bud, I LOVE it. I currently don't have garage space for it. It's garage is full with house items at the moment (between moves) so it has to sit outside for another 2-3 weeks, max. I go outside and poke my head down the driveway around 12 times a day to look at it's chunky (sexy) arse, I can't help it lol. A shit Southerly pased over last night sooner than expected, just had some breaky and now I'm about to go out and install the JMB CAI + Catchcan, radiator & fuse box dress up kit. Already change the antenna and installed some black monsoons. Nothing else major will be done to the truck apart from a little (2-3 coats) spray of Nite Shade Spray from VHT.

Cheers,
Carl

They did a hell of a job with your truck.
Never thought that it was possible with a LHD Viper truck. Very nice work :top:
Now it's time to enjoy the Nightrunner :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hell yeah nice job on the conversion, pity you got the wrong colour :D :D :D .

I hadnt heard of Eagle, only Walton Special Vehicles in Auckland.

Correct me if im wrong, but NZ laws are still not as strict as our ADR's. Last time i looked into it, you guys dont have to adjust headights, seatbelts, turn signal colour and luminosity, rear tail-lights, reverse lights, exhaust notes etc..do you?

Looks like they did a great job on the new drivers floor pan - made of stamped steel? Mine is made of carbon fibre, hows the room on the drivers footwell? Mine is a little cramped, still doesnt feel factory but i guess its the best you can get with the amount of room available.

Did they give you back a foot brake? i have a handbrake located on the transmission hump, i know, but it does look factory.

Also wondering - why the need to remove the transmission? Im pretty sure my engine was shifted an inch to the left but the trans didnt come out.

Is the dash plastic or fiberglass - it looks great!

I posted lots of pics of mine during my 18 month wait but there all on the 'other' site so here are a few for comparison.

ram011copy.jpg

ram013copy.jpg

ram014copy.jpg

ram019copy.jpg

ram003copy.jpg

Last edited:
kalani said:
Hell yeah nice job on the conversion, pity you got the wrong colour :D :D :D .
Is there any other? :rolleyes: :thefinger:

kalani said:
I hadnt heard of Eagle, only Walton Special Vehicles in Auckland.
Yes Walton is another crowd, they do nice work also but from within the NZ Mopar hobby and the guys I talked to, Eagle have the edge. Just preference in most cases but it pays to talk to guys who have done it. :)

kalani said:
Correct me if im wrong, but NZ laws are still not as strict as our ADR's. Last time i looked into it, you guys dont have to adjust headights, seatbelts, turn signal colour and luminosity, rear tail-lights, reverse lights, exhaust notes etc..do you?
All trucks must pass cert before they can be VINed, registered and have a WOF completed. Seatbelts have to pass cert as well and I believe they have the same ratings as Aussie. No, headlights stay factory as far as I'm aware. Taillight or reverse lights do not have to be altered and the exhaust note is fine, it was stock. I believe the decibel limit in NZ is around 95db.

kalani said:
Looks like they did a great job on the new drivers floor pan - made of stamped steel? Mine is made of carbon fibre, hows the room on the drivers footwell? Mine is a little cramped, still doesn't feel factory but i guess its the best you can get with the amount of room available.
Yeah, mine has a "hollow" near the clutch where they pushed the floor pan down to suit the pedal setup (I'm guessing) so now the carpet has a "air pocket". I'm getting that fixed though. Also, because of this hollow my long tube headers didn't fit because under the floor pan is now around 2-3" towards the ground over factory, the header flange hits it, where as if it were factory it would have slide just under it. I'm having the headers altered buy a custom tig welder in my area, goes in tomorrow actually - cool!

kalani said:
Did they give you back a foot brake? i have a handbrake located on the transmission hump, i know, but it does look factory.
Nope, no handbrake. I have a foot brake but a handbrake would be good as well, make life a little easier. The foot brake is to the left of the clutch pedal and is roughly 3-1/2" away from my clutch pedal, snug, but you'd have to be drunk to hit it lol.

kalani said:
Also wondering - why the need to remove the transmission? Im pretty sure my engine was shifted an inch to the left but the trans didn't come out.
Good question and well noted. I purchased a Viper master slave & cylinder upgrade kit which also comes with the Centerforce clutch. They also resurfaced my flywheel while the trans was out. :)

Thanks for the photos, it sure is a lot of work and money but I'm sure it's the same over there (perhaps a little worse) it's still heaps cheaper doing it this way than buying an overpriced (supply and demand) truck already in our country, plus! you get to choose what you want, not "make do" with what is here. Lots of time as well to do the conversion and do it properly which it looks like both of our trucks have been. There are some cowboys out there but as of last year I believe cert became very strict here in NZ so a lot of these cowboys (hopefully) saddled up and ride into the sunset lol. Nice truck bud.

Cheers,
Carl

:cheers:

WOW and Double WOW!:rock: It's just great to see this type of fanaticism for these trucks, all over the world. My hat's off to you:congrats:

Hiya
i know this thread is ancient but i live in london uk and have a right hand drive 2005 quad cab.
i have worked out the steering rack on mine is off a 2003 3.7l liberty jeep (wtf) and feels terrible and i was wondering what rack you used on your conversion.
thanks

Do
Hiya
i know this thread is ancient but i live in london uk and have a right hand drive 2005 quad cab.
i have worked out the steering rack on mine is off a 2003 3.7l liberty jeep (wtf) and feels terrible and i was wondering what rack you used on your conversion.
thanks
@ghilly - Hey Mark, do you still have your truck? Did you get the issue worked out?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back