MY SRT'S FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE 09 LIGHTNING

so that takes care of that then, it sounds like???....probably just some guy wanting to make his 05-07 look like a SVT Lightning and had custom built his truck to resemble it....

I've beat 3 SVT Ford Lightings in my area. One when I was dating the guys sister and she was ford girl. For a stock or lightly modded lighting vs a Stock SRT10 it's a drivers race. You have to launch perfect and hit every gear right.

kickinassrt-10 said:
so that takes care of that then, it sounds like???....probably just some guy wanting to make his 05-07 look like a SVT Lightning and had custom built his truck to resemble it....

There are several poser Lightnings that run around here...I have no problem with people modding their vehicle with other vehicle parts such as hoods and spoilers....but I hate when they badge it like it is real...just wannabes..

tempest89 said:
My friend designs and tunes the suspensions for the f 150 at ford. There is no lightning and the SVT group was disbanded 2 or 3 years ago.

I think SVT is still around, cause they make that new SVT Raptor F-150. It's a pretty cool lookin' Baja Style off road truck.

Just tell them ole ford boys better git back to the drawin board, cauze "MOPAR" SRT 10 aint havin it,.............nice kill!............:rock: :burnout: :rock:

yea SVT is still alive.......and after research and talking to a few people, it could be two things I encountered...
One of the very very few (like 3) Lightnings that were designed and displayed at auto shows, which someone would have probably paid out the ass for...
or is was a jackass that paid $6500+ for a Cervini Body Kit and had a worked on engine to make it look like a lightning????

kickinassrt-10 said:
yea SVT is still alive.......and after research and talking to a few people, it could be two things I encountered...
One of the very very few (like 3) Lightnings that were designed and displayed at auto shows, which someone would have probably paid out the ass for...
or is was a jackass that paid $6500+ for a Cervini Body Kit and had a worked on engine to make it look like a lightning????

Don't forget, the new Ford Body style is much heavier than the old Lightnings. Probably 4-500 lbs more!

also, if it wasn't a true one, the cab and a half window would have been there. SVT wanted a true RC cab design to reduce weight. all newer f150's have the cab and a half with the half cab windows. small detail but it would have been a major one. one most aren't willing to do. major body cutting.

newlightningintro.jpg

notice the difference in the half cab?

ford_f150.jpg

Last edited:
mr. anderson said:
also, if it wasn't a true one, the cab and a half window would have been there. SVT wanted a true RC cab design to reduce weight. all newer f150's have the cab and a half with the half cab windows. small detail but it would have been a major one. one most aren't willing to do. major body cutting.

newlightningintro.jpg

notice the difference in the half cab?

ford_f150.jpg
It's funny I was thinking about this today...and I came on here to see the post...:p It was definitely a small window and reg cab....looked just like the top pic....i'm still thinking it was either a rare encounter or a poser:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

kickinassrt-10 said:
It's funny I was thinking about this today...and I came on here to see the post...:p It was definitely a small window and reg cab....looked just like the top pic....i'm still thinking it was either a rare encounter or a poser:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

the only thingto say is

GO LOOK FOR IT AGAIN!!!!!

That pic is a 2003 concept Lightning that was suppose to hit production in 06, been around for years. It was suppose to be Ford's response to the SRT.... Still waiting. To be honest if Dodge would have kept the SRT Ram I firmly believe there would have been a new lightning out and we would have the 560HP Gen IV in a new SRT. Of course that would have ended this year with the death of Viper.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/imagepopup.jsp?articleid=78&imageid=635&defaultshow=1

Not saying they are not working on a new one, but I would think it would look a little more like a 2009 F-150, lights, ect.

As others said you found someone who put on a badge (and alot of other work) or you meet up with a Saleen/Roush with a badge.

http://www.saleen.com/2008_S331_cab.asp

The only lightning I ever met up with was on a 2 lane blacktop with no one around, so I played, before SC but after full exhaust. 40 roll and he had no chance.

Last edited:
94rt10ohio said:
That pic is a 2003 concept Lightning that was suppose to hit production in 06, been around for years. It was suppose to be Ford's response to the SRT.... Still waiting. To be honest if Dodge would have kept the SRT Ram I firmly believe there would have been a new lightning out and we would have the 560HP Gen IV in a new SRT. Of course that would have ended this year with the death of Viper.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/imagepopup.jsp?articleid=78&imageid=635&defaultshow=1

Not saying they are not working on a new one, but I would think it would look a little more like a 2009 F-150, lights, ect.

As others said you found someone who put on a badge (and alot of other work) or you meet up with a Saleen/Roush with a badge.

http://www.saleen.com/2008_S331_cab.asp

The only lightning I ever met up with was on a 2 lane blacktop with no one around, so I played, before SC but after full exhaust. 40 roll and he had no chance.
Yea it looked just like that truck pictured..but what I've noticed on the SRT-10 is if you leave from a roll and especially on the auto's, if you can hit the 1st gear down shift at about 30-40mph this truck is a vicious animal that leaves many cars just wishing to keep up:burnout: :rock:

IVE SEEN A COUPLE OF NEW FORD ROUSCH S/C SINGLE CABS AT HRP ONE WAS RUNNING 14.1 AND THE OTHER WAS RUNNING 13.7 BUT THAT SAID HE ALREADY HAD A PULLEY, INTAKE

Now you can tell them what SVT stands for "seen vipers taillights":)

FASTFOOD said:
Now you can tell them what SVT stands for "seen vipers taillights":)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

You just raced someone with some fake badges. I'm guess it was blown because it did so well. N/A f150's are turds. I personally hate fake badges.

Good kill though.:rock:

it may also be the saleen 331 looks real close to lighting concept and they r making about 2000 of them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back