MY SRT'S FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE 09 LIGHTNING

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my way back to the office today, I was driving on I95 when I noticed a silver F150 that was lowered, and had a huge emblem on the back tailgate, about 10 car length's ahead, so I sped up to it...

I got about a car length away and saw SVT Lightning all on one badge looking like someone tried to make it themselves....(I didn't know the lightning was even out or on the way to production at this point) so I examined the truck while cruising about 60 and this thing was loud like it had work done....so since I didn't know I thought if it's the real deal let me test it..

I stomped on it and at first got no response from him, about 10 seconds later I look in my rear view and he was right on my ass (doing about 60-65 again) we hit a patch of traffic and then he got in the lane next to me and the lanes were open again..

I hit it and he hit right after (could hear the exhaust roaring) I got the neck cracking down shift and instantly got a length ahead gained about another half car, he inched up to about a 3 ft or so from my bed and that's all he got up into the triple digits....

the truck looked mean and sounded mean and I'm sure it's fast....the outcome may have been different from a dead stop but I was lucky enough to get my experience on the highway and get a nice downshift...glad i recently had the tranny done...lol

So my 2 door friends I'm pretty confident you will still hold the Fastest Production Truck Status!!:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock:

Street racing is bad blah blah..... GREAT F'n Kill

hmmmm i had no clue that the newer fords could be made into a lightning... not maybe a saleen...none the less good work!

Tooloe said:
Street racing is bad blah blah..... GREAT F'n Kill

hmmmm i had no clue that the newer fords could be made into a lightning... not maybe a saleen...none the less good work!
yea yea i know about the street race and hell i might get, but like you said.....blah blah....I was pretty shocked to see one it clearly said SVT Lightning in a one piece badge...pretty nice truck and I;m sure it moves from dead stop....thanks bro

To the best of my knowledge, there is no '09 Lightning......

You know the rest.........

D

09 Lightning? Maybe a Raptor or Saleen. :dontknow:

Anyone else heard of a new lightning? pretty sure they axed it for good.

VIPER D.N.A said:
09 Lightning? Maybe a Raptor or Saleen. :dontknow:

Anyone else heard of a new lightning? pretty sure they axed it for good.

Yup.............. thus far.

D

A member called "MPLiightning0" wrote this on my streetfire account:

The all new 2010 Ford Lightning!!! You say did I hear that right? Yes Ford Lightning fans there is a new gen III truck in the works. The 2005 Ford Lightning did not get the full thumbs up but this one looks like it will. Rumor has it that an all new super truck has been spotted in the Land Down Under, in Australia. (Pictures are coming soon). It seems that Ford has been testing different variations of this new Lightning there because Australia has the best all around extreme conditions, from desert heat to high and cold mountains for vehicle testing. I know you all are wondering, how much power this thing has... Right now the specs are reading 550 horsepower and equal amounts of torque. Now don't stop reading because it gets better. The 2010 Ford Lightning will come in two variations. A standard Lighting with a 10,000 lb tow rating and a Light weight Drag Pack version. Both of the 2010 Lightings will come equipped with the 550 HP Dual Cam Mod motor from the now extent Ford GT Super Car. Yet each will serve separate duties. The standard edition will have all the form and function as you have grown to appreciate in the Gen I and II Lightning’s. It will be able to haul a good amount of home improvement goodies and haul some but too. The 2010 Drag Pack Ford Lightning will be a more specific breed and be more of a performer at the track. The 2010 Drag Pack Ford Lightning will be a good 800 - 1000lb lighter than the standard edition The 2010 Drag Pack Ford Lightning. It will come equipped with a full fiberglass bed and track tune suspension. Some resent testing has shown sixty foot times in the 1.7s with street radial and 1/4 ETs in the high 12s. Pricing has not been brought up yet but look for a price around $50,000 to start.

I read the same...right now I'm kickin myself in the ass for not putting my window and asking him what the hell that thing is!

kickinassrt-10 said:
well guys check this out maybe I'm one of those places where it's being tested??? The picture of the truck on top is what I saw today 100% identical!

http://www.fordlightning.net/2010-ford-lightning.html

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/trucks/IMAGES/news/ford/svt/newlightningintro.jpg

Do you live in Australia? That picture is actually the 2004 Concept Lightning that never made it to production. I bet what you saw was a home made version. Maybe a Roush with E-Bay Lightning emblems.

If what the article says is true then DAMN, that's gonna be a quick truck. Fiberglass bed? WOW!

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

kickinassrt-10 said:
I read the same...right now I'm kickin myself in the ass for not putting my window and asking him what the hell that thing is!
Sounds like you kicked him in the ass :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Now slap yourself on the wrist :p

I don't know what it was now that i'm reading all this.....it said loud and clear in the back tailgate SVT Lightning and in one badge with the Lightning part starting on the lower part of the "V" going into/under the "T"

the only thing I'm thinking is maybe since it's summer heat down here already that Ford maybe doing some testing..now that i think about it the guy was on the phone and i remember seeing a few wires hanging from the windshield (if that means anything)

I distinctly remember being right next to him on his passenger side my driver side, and seeing the cutouts for the exhaust and thinking that I never seen that before..

I'm finding it hard to believe that my truck could outrun a 550HP singlecab, so maybe it wasn't the real deal or maybe our trucks just have better available power on demand and that jump is all we need??????

Whatever it was (real or fake) they did a damn good job making it look identical to those on the website I posted...and a nice job on the exhaust too...

kickinassrt-10 said:
I don't know what it was now that i'm reading all this.....it said loud and clear in the back tailgate SVT Lightning and in one badge with the Lightning part starting on the lower part of the "V" going into/under the "T"

the only thing I'm thinking is maybe since it's summer heat down here already that Ford maybe doing some testing..now that i think about it the guy was on the phone and i remember seeing a few wires hanging from the windshield (if that means anything)

I distinctly remember being right next to him on his passenger side my driver side, and seeing the cutouts for the exhaust and thinking that I never seen that before..

I'm finding it hard to believe that my truck could outrun a 550HP singlecab, so maybe it wasn't the real deal or maybe our trucks just have better available power on demand and that jump is all we need??????

Whatever it was (real or fake) they did a damn good job making it look identical to those on the website I posted...and a nice job on the exhaust too...
I dont think if it was a "test mule" that they would've put badges on it. :dontknow:

Good kill! That last of the SVT Lightings was 04 when the First SRT10 rams came out. Unless this a prototype or some guy got Lighting badges and made a clone.

Since the 2010 Lightning is not in production and a test mule would not be badged and out looking for street races you must have seen a poser........a poser that now was embarrassed by a 4 door truck...:rock:

My friend designs and tunes the suspensions for the f 150 at ford. There is no lightning and the SVT group was disbanded 2 or 3 years ago.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back