MY SRT'S FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE 09 LIGHTNING

and if the rousches are running 14.1 and 13.7 blown the new ram r/t is keeping up N/A a good tune and it will be pissing of the folks who paid twice as much to go the same speed lol

spaeking of fake badges , this guy at the car show this weekend rolled up in a red qc that had hemi badge still on and viper powered hood , viper wheels and front bumper fascia.. i stopped him to talk and i said oh thought it was a viper truck !! he says well it will beat a viper truck and i say oh wow you have a s/c he says no .... just a programmer and exhaust mods.. i said ummmm my 10 is parked rite over there, then he got very quiet.... is it possible for a hemi qc without forced induction to run with the 10 ???? gotta see it to believe it !!!!!!!!!

gunu said:
spaeking of fake badges , this guy at the car show this weekend rolled up in a red qc that had hemi badge still on and viper powered hood , viper wheels and front bumper fascia.. i stopped him to talk and i said oh thought it was a viper truck !! he says well it will beat a viper truck and i say oh wow you have a s/c he says no .... just a programmer and exhaust mods.. i said ummmm my 10 is parked rite over there, then he got very quiet.... is it possible for a hemi qc without forced induction to run with the 10 ???? gotta see it to believe it !!!!!!!!!
Nope.:p :marchmellow:

what are the new r/t's running stock in the 1/4? I have yet to see one in person yet.

gunu said:

now some of you guys might not believe me but i ran with a 10 before it was a quad cab, from a 40ish roll he killed me then we caught a light, we creeped form the light and i manually shifted, when i hit 15-20 mph i punched it and so did he i jumped out about a truck to truck and a half then i had him up to about 80ish when i go into 3rd gear,then he passed me i kept with him thought and i was very surprised i kept with him. he pm's me on another forum im on and we talked, he was a really nice guy. he even told me he had trouble runnin me down from the 20 roll. the only stuff i have is a 2/4drop, cold air intake, exhaust, shorty headers(which blow) and a diablo sports preditor, and im runnin lsd with 3.55 gears.

thats all i have done to my truck, believe me or not but hey i just figure'd id share it with all of you 10 guys :D

gunu said:

just headers and tuner...NO it will hang with a quad srt10 but beat it NO maybe if the QUAD CAB hemi had 17's but i have seen a friend with a hemi quad cab with a 6.1L cam, superchips, 2700 stall, LT headers, intake beat a quad cab srt10 but 1.5 trucks...hope that helps.....

and if its a R/C 10 and a quad hemi it will take a big cam and custom tuning, gears,stall

6.1L cam give 25rwhp but you might lose around 5 ftlbs

three trucks stock back in 03 ran close 03 ram hemi, 03 harley davidson, and 03 ss chevy truck !!!!! with my experiences .. i would blow away the titan from start with hemi , but he would start to gain on top end...

RagunCajun said:
what are the new r/t's running stock in the 1/4? I have yet to see one in person yet.

speaking to a guy who bught one not long ago 14.1 and a 14.3 stock no aftermarket stuff programmer or anything, because no one makes anything yet for the 09s

gtx0227 said:
now some of you guys might not believe me but i ran with a 10 before it was a quad cab, from a 40ish roll he killed me then we caught a light, we creeped form the light and i manually shifted, when i hit 15-20 mph i punched it and so did he i jumped out about a truck to truck and a half then i had him up to about 80ish when i go into 3rd gear,then he passed me i kept with him thought and i was very surprised i kept with him. he pm's me on another forum im on and we talked, he was a really nice guy. he even told me he had trouble runnin me down from the 20 roll. the only stuff i have is a 2/4drop, cold air intake, exhaust, shorty headers(which blow) and a diablo sports preditor, and im runnin lsd with 3.55 gears.

thats all i have done to my truck, believe me or not but hey i just figure'd id share it with all of you 10 guys :D

the reason I beleive is that the hemi has more tork (spelled wrong i know) between 20 mph and 80 that the 10s then once that is hit it all over.

raceram9 said:
the reason I beleive is that the hemi has more tork (spelled wrong i know) between 20 mph and 80 that the 10s then once that is hit it all over.

yes i experienced it first hand, well maybe after gears,stall ,cam and a few other goodies those 10's will have a hard time with this lime green hemi :D :p

raceram9 said:
how would it have more torque than a 10?? i also don't belive street racing is a very good way to compare anything, the car that jumps first will always pull at least a half car then the one with more power will win. GTX you say you shifted your trans manually therefore you were prob already at a higher rpm when you jumped the 10, so you got a lead while the 10 was still downshifting...wanna find out how you do against a 10 go to the track...

let me get my boots.......:bs:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
how would it have more torque than a 10?? i also don't belive street racing is a very good way to compare anything, the car that jumps first will always pull at least a half car then the one with more power will win. GTX you say you shifted your trans manually therefore you were prob already at a higher rpm when you jumped the 10, so you got a lead while the 10 was still downshifting...wanna find out how you do against a 10 go to the track...

do you want me to copy n past the pm from the guy? and all i did for "manually shifting" was drop it down to 2nd prime, it was almost identical timing when we both jumped on our trucks. i dont care if you guy's believe me or not im just saying what happened from personal experience.

and i know at the track i would lose, i know how nasty the 10's are. and when it comes to street racing i dont do it alot. it was just one of those things that happened. at the track i would expect to get killed same with on the street, i do realize my truck is nothing special performance wise. i was just surprised thats all.

Last edited:
raceram9 said:
speaking to a guy who bught one not long ago 14.1 and a 14.3 stock no aftermarket stuff programmer or anything, because no one makes anything yet for the 09s
Wow that is very impressive. Should be in the 13's easy with a little work once the aftermarket catches up.

As for the hemi/srt10 race, it doesnt matter. Anything can happen especially if it was the more slow QC. There's too many variable to be arguing over the internet. All in fun and keep in mind yall are all Dodge fans!;)

gtx0227 said:
do you want me to copy n past the pm from the guy? and all i did for "manually shifting" was drop it down to 2nd prime, it was almost identical timing when we both jumped on our trucks. i dont care if you guy's believe me or not im just saying what happened from personal experience.

and i know at the track i would lose, i know how nasty the 10's are. and when it comes to street racing i dont do it alot. it was just one of those things that happened. at the track i would expect to get killed same with on the street, i do realize my truck is nothing special performance wise. i was just surprised thats all.
thats all i was pointing out about how you got a jump, your truck was already in a gear ready to take off and the SRT had to wait for his trans to kick down to a lower gear. and i'm not saying street racing is bad, i race when someone tries to screw with me too i was just saying with out a proper even start it's not a good idea of which truck is quicker, example a mustang gt against me from a roll on the highway has no chance but at the track from a dead stop it way closer and if i screw the launch up he may even win

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
thats all i was pointing out about how you got a jump, your truck was already in a gear ready to take off and the SRT had to wait for his trans to kick down to a lower gear. and i'm not saying street racing is bad, i race when someone tries to screw with me too i was just saying with out a proper even start it's not a good idea of which truck is quicker, example a mustang gt against me from a roll on the highway has no chance but at the track from a dead stop it way closer and if i screw the launch up he may even win

i here ya, i just was kinda surprised it was as close as it was, and by no way was i trying to say my truck is that fast because i know its not. anything can happen on the street, i know that the 10's are quick. maybe if i had a few more mods done the outcome would have been different but who knows. he chased me down and won, but if you chase em its still a race .:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back