My truck got broke into.

dead end cruiser said:
Can't you legally shoot somebody in Texas if you catch them breaking into your vehicle? That does suck by the way man... sorry to hear that.

As long as they are on your property. Not just in a parking lot or somewhere else. They have to be ON YOUR property.

robwclark said:
As long as they are on your property. Not just in a parking lot or somewhere else. They have to be ON YOUR property.
Same as florida.

robwclark said:
thats not what they taught us in our class....your vehicle is your property.

SANCHOBA said:
thats not what they taught us in our class....your vehicle is your property.

Um I dunno guys I just live here. Maybe your vehicle is considred your property, but I think they mean like real estate property, but maybe not i dunno :dontknow:

robwclark said:
Um I dunno guys I just live here. Maybe your vehicle is considred your property, but I think they mean like real estate property, but maybe not i dunno :dontknow:
As of this past year your vehicle is also considered your castle, like your house.
Either way if you plan on shooting someone you better be certain your life was in danger b/c you will still be required to explain your side of the story..we were taught it's always better if there is only one side to the story;)

I have a real problem with the use of deadly force in protecting property. I know that will probably not be a popular position here, but things are things...human life is something very different.

Just my opinion, not trying to tell anyone else what to do.

Prof said:
I have a real problem with the use of deadly force in protecting property. I know that will probably not be a popular position here, but things are things...human life is something very different.

That's the truth right there....You're not supposedly to use deadly force to protect your property..You're suppose to give it up since it can be replaced..
You're only suppose to match like force with like force.
In simple terms you are supposed to use deadly force as a last resort b/c you feel your life is in imminent danger! And again that can always be proved in a court of law

Prof said:

Anyone there to steal from me on my property is not human life to me, they need to be dead

Prof said:

Someone enters my house Via window.... or broken door... they are only there for one reason. to hurt me or my family...
I can't help it if they get shot for Screwing with the wrong guy...sounds like they picked the wrong house...

Statistics say the chances are that the person entering your home is a 13 or 14 year old child of a neighbor that is looking for change to purchase a computer game or a slick new pair of Nike's. Gender is evenly split...

Your decision...not mine.

Prof said:

In many cases the items may be the tools of your trade ( like Brad's dilemma),or the truck you work out of, or other essentials
Most folks can not afford to insure all there stuff , so if someone tries to take the bread and butter out of my family's mouth (so to speak) they will get shot while resisting a citizens arrest. Why, because if the do not submit I have no choice other that to think they mean to injure or kill myself or another.:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Prof said:
Statistics say the chances are that the person entering your home is a 13 or 14 year old child of a neighbor that is looking for change to purchase a computer game or a slick new pair of Nike's. Gender is evenly split...

Then the parents best keep track of the little bastages.

Last edited:
Prof said:

13 14 or 5 they break in my house in the middle of the night with my family there they are gonna get stabbed or shot if i had a gun!!!!!!!my neighbor is the da i would be just fine!!!!!!

Some of you guys are a little harsh here, but I mostly agree. Now age plays a huge deal in it for me. 21 yrs old and above, I'll stab you for breaking into my truck to steal my system, but a 16 yr old kid, Im just gonna beat you. My standing is, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, and everything will be cool. You proceed into my circle of safety unannouced with ill intentions and you will die if could make it happen. Like I said just MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and there wont be a problem.

Damn, guess I started a bit of a $hit show here.... Sorry I got Y'all rawled up. The only reason I had mentioned it is because the FIRST time my apartment above my garage was broken into and I caught the puke red handed... He assaulted my friend while I had the fuzz on the phone. When I got off the phone we "detained" the fella until the police arrived. He was later released, went to court and got off with a $100 fine for assault and battery, breaking and entering as well as about 7 other charges. He later continued to threaten my life for several months. He left the island and moved to NH where he assaulted a teenage girl and is currently on the run from the police. WISH I SHOT HIM! Could have prevented a scum bag from assaulting an innocent child and threatening other folks. Then the SECOND time my property was violated an ass I knew who was helping me work on the Vette, decided he would wait till I was at work to break into my garage to steal my tools... My girl saw him drive off, so I told this guys wife I want my $hit back... She agreed to drop my tools off at my work.. I had the Detectives meet us there during the transaction and after all that I was told there was nothing else I could do. He still has some of my tools... He violated my home.... There for it seems people believe they have the right to violated me, my friends and my property and get away with it. Justice has not been served.... Next time I will be sure to handle it my way. Sorry for hoeing your thread.... Good luck man

505'sFastestViper. said:
13 14 or 5 they break in my house in the middle of the night with my family there they are gonna get stabbed or shot if i had a gun!!!!!!!my neighbor is the da i would be just fine!!!!!!

Dom you are sounding like a keyboard commando...easy to say and maybe some think that makes you more of a man...but not much thought in that response in my opinion.

i cannot find the clip of the story but a few months ago in ft worth 2 guys had stolen a car that they had taken from another house that they had robed and raped this guys wife.... they went to a 2nd house and were planning to do the same thing.... apparently the husband of the household of the 2nd house heard them entering... met them in the hall way where he had a shot gun pointed at his head and the other man was armed with a baseball bat.. some how when the robbers made a move to the bedroom where his waife was he took the shotgun away form robber #1 shot him in the chest after this happend robber #2 desided to run... the husband cause robber#2 before he got out of the house and beat his ass with his buddys shot gun... put robbed #2 in ICU for 3 weeks he later died of head injurys.. if any body can find the article please post it..... IMO the robbers got what they deserved.. America is to naive these days we are to worryed about whats right and whats wrong. how should we do this how should we do that... i would rather Die then be tied up in a chair watching some guy bang my wife cause i didn't have the balls to do something about it FYI Robber #1 and #2 were under 21 years of age

Sorry for your loss.

On another note:

I am a firearms instructor in SC. Anytime you have a question about defense of persons or property, this is a good place to start

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

That and you state Law Enforcement Division's Website

Prof said:
Dom you are sounding like a keyboard commando...easy to say and maybe some think that makes you more of a man...but not much thought in that response in my opinion.
roy before you run at the mouth i am talkin about my house not my vehicle if someone breaks into my HOUSE when my daughter and wife are there i will use deadly force period....not being a keyboard commando just tellin it like i see it and if i have to go back to prison for protecting my FAMILY then i will......and if you dont agree with that then i am truly sorry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back