Need a block and crankshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinkypete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone has a good block and crank that I can purchase.

Hi,

There is currently a block in my area for sale.
I could check it out for you and see what the
pricing will look like.
The only issue is that it is in europe and would have bo be sent to US.
If you are interested i can see what the whole package would cost.
All the best

Arne

Hi Arne, I just bought one yesterday about 400 miles from me. I appreciate your help though, thanks, Mark

I'm looking for a bare block also.....if anyone has one let me know thanks

Still looking for block and crank

Hi Brad, I pm'ed you about your block.

I went to Baytown Sunday to check on one that a member pm'd me about and found it to be in nowhere near the advertised condition. Wasted my time and fuel.

WELL he told me he had a "new unused crank" and a block professionally "over sized .005 by G&g Performance". What he actually had was a ****ed up crank that had obviously lost the damper more than once. It had been pin drilled 3 times and 2 of those pin slots were ripped. His block was probably salvageable but had never actually been over sized .005. It had been backyard honed to .006 on top and to .002 on the bottom. He had tape covering up the snout of the crank...which was covering up the damage. I thought the crank was useable because I didn't inspect the snout and even though he had not been honest with me I made a deal on the block and crank. It was Monday morning when I went to checkout my parts that I saw the duct tape on the crank snout. When removed I knew I was looking at a piece of junk. I talked to him and he would not allow a return of crank without the block included. So I had to go back last night and get my 1600$ 2 round trips totaling 270 miles in my 10 for nothing.

WELL he told me he had a "new unused crank" and a block professionally "over sized .005 by G&g Performance". What he actually had was a ****ed up crank that had obviously lost the damper more than once. It had been pin drilled 3 times and 2 of those pin slots were ripped. His block was probably salvageable but had never actually been over sized .005. It had been backyard honed to .006 on top and to .002 on the bottom. He had tape covering up the snout of the crank...which was covering up the damage. I thought the crank was useable because I didn't inspect the snout and even though he had not been honest with me I made a deal on the block and crank. It was Monday morning when I went to checkout my parts that I saw the duct tape on the crank snout. When removed I knew I was looking at a piece of junk. I talked to him and he would not allow a return of crank without the block included. So I had to go back last night and get my 1600$ 2 round trips totaling 270 miles in my 10 for nothing.

Not a cool deal! No saving a crank that had been drilled,broken pins, drilled again, balancer gouging snout. Block prolly could be trued but you're the one with machine exp.
Sux regardless. Now you're waiting again:boring:

yep that's me just waiting. The only good thing I've found so far is a set of mint heads from JMBJustin.

Could the end of the crank be welded , then machined to size and keyed? I am not a machinist but the end only holds the harmonic dampner. Just a Question!

Yea it would hold up real good as long as it was holding up you coffee table glass or maybe your mail box. It's a triple pinned mess.

First the pins were never broken ,one pin drill was in there when i got it,I never told you it was brand new in the box I told you it was in the motor ,i bought the little jig from roe and did it and they weren't rolled ,he is exaggerating to the max , there were NO BROKEN PINS and i will take picks of the place were pins were and post them soon ,Claimed i put tape on it to screw him over i never did that that tape was on there so when i took timing cover off i would not damage seal ,the dampner never was spun on it period ,there are slight drag marks and i mean small were the dampner was pulled off not spun and broken as you claim ,he never asked me ,about it he just called me running his mouth saying i tried to F**k him over ,and i never did ,when you talk to this guy he runs his mouth and you cant get a word in edge wise and i told him just to bring it back no problem ,,,I gave him his cash back ,,,just to stop hearing him cry ,,If i wanted to screw you over as you claim i did, i would have never called your sorry ass back and tell you to just bring it back ,,I give you your money back and now you come on here talking Sh!t

You came you measured it and said It was fine ,,and no i would not let him buy block because you started out acusing me of screwing you over .when i gave you money back .
when you measured it IN A PARKING lot you did not even bring a cylinder bore gauge ,,

Last edited:
And when you were in parking lot getting ALL your money back you were not talking sh!t then ,,now you get behind a computer screen and start talking crap ,!

Plus I dont need to screw someone out of a punk a&& $1600 ,Im not some broke A** cry baby like you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back