Need answers - considering a QC SRT-10 purchase

I am currently in Canada, I still have Nitto 420's on it and plan on doing some all seasons soon but I haven't had any issues with snow yet. When I bought mine we had a horrible snow and ice storm in North Carolina. There were corvettes and Mercedes stuck on hills because they couldnt get any traction. I drove easy because of the snow and this being my first vehicle with over 300hp and had no problems getting the truck home. There is another guy here in Canada that bought a regular cab to drive only during the winter. Mine is a QC as well and the only thing I have towed with it so far was a VW bettle and had no issues. I havent read through everyone else's comments but stuff to get checked would be ; the hub bearings, carrier bearing for driveshaft, ujoints, ball joints, tierods, brake calipers and the bolt for the crankshaft pulley. As far as gas mileage, I drove from North Carolina to Texas once and got 13.2 going around 80 the entire way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I get that a lot of people paid a pile of money for these trucks, garage them, baby them and wouldn't dare put them to daily or winter use. Fact is they have depreciated a ton and cost what the average truck of this vintage goes for. I love buying vehicles that depreciated heavily. Are they truly incapable of snow use or will snow tires + 500lbs in the bed get it done?

i've had three that have been daily drivers and all 3 of them were work trucks.

i've hauled as much as 10k with my first RC.

snow's fun :D

Get 20" wheels and tires . You will not find 305 winter tire but if you get 4 steel wheels in 20" you will find some

Seem to remember reading something in our owners manual. The 10's sold new in Canada were either equipped with or had some kind of rear snow tire available. I serched the web after reading it but never could find anything about it. Most of my stuff is boxed up for moving so I can't find my book right now. Maybe a peep can chime in with what it said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back