Need help.. A/C will not turn off!

DevilDawg3097 said:
yup, this is also common on the durango and the regular 1500, funny thiing is this the fisrt dodge I have had that hasn't yet.

This happened on my Durango is was the front blower resistor that had gone bad. The blower resistor is located in the intake duct for the heater system underneath the glove box at floor level. Easy way to find is look at screws for glove box door count 3 in from right and look straight in at duct. You will see a dome shaped cover with wires running into it. That is the location of the blower resistor. Just remove two 7mm (or maybe 8mm screws) and remove blower resistor. There is a red tab that releases it from the wiring connector once you have it removed. Install new blower resistor and reverse procedure. Fuse was around $13.

Yes, you are likely to have a faulty blower resistor. It sounds as if its internally shorted. If not then I'm assuming the module the controls the heating and cooling is faulty

Thanks for all the help guys! We got enough heat to where he could drive it and take it to a dealer on monday. Of all days to pick up the truck we got about 8" of snow today so far. I felt bad for the guy coming from hawaii and all and having to drive it in this crap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back