Need help finding a part number.

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a new wire that connects directly to the the fuel injector. Local dealer gave me a part number which they didn't have in stock. I ordered 3 of them from various dealers only to find out they it is the wrong part number. Went back to today to the dealer and they don't know what the correct part number is. Below is a picture of the of the connector. It is the same size all the injectors so it should not matter which injector. Thanks.

Smoke

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

Attachments

• 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 24
Hey Smoke, have you talked to Eddie, Viper Tech at Greenbrier Dodge?

He is great with these things and will prob know the part number right off the top of his head..

Da1Chief said:
Hey Smoke, have you talked to Eddie, Viper Tech at Greenbrier Dodge?

He is great with these things and will prob know the part number right off the top of his head..

That is where I went and they were no help at all. I didn't talk to Eddie but if he was the guy who worked on my truck then I don't want to.

Stinker said:
I know this is opening a can of worms but why do you need that?:dontknow:

This stems from my thread on CEL code. http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37559 I swapped injectors and the problem stayed on the #2. Took it to the dealer and after some trouble shooting they suggested a new PCM and a few hours of trouble shooting. My gut told me the problem was in the wiring at the injector as that is where the dyno guys tied in for my dyno runs. And the code started the day after the dyno run.

I went to the dealership and paid for my truck which was not fixed. I swapped the plug myself and the problem followed the wire. When I went to switch it back the wires came out of the plug which reinforced that the problem was with the plug wire.

So now I'm trying to find this 3 inch long wire so I can drive my truck.

Smoke, I have to go out close to GB Dodge today, I will carry pics with me and ask Eddie if he can identify the P/N for you.

Keep your fingers crossed... :)

Da1Chief said:
Smoke, I have to go out close to GB Dodge today, I will carry pics with me and ask Eddie if he can identify the P/N for you.

Keep your fingers crossed... :)

My truck is still there in the back but I have the keys. I will be out and driving around today. Do you know what time you might drop by?

clean it with eletrical cleaner and put diletric grease in the connections and see if that helps. could just be corrosion. or try dragon if you havent already

Last edited:
that doesnt appear to be a factory wiring harness. I cant find anything in the parts catalog that indicates it is. I'll keep looking for you, but I've looked everywhere.

Its not factory, its aftermarket to facilitate a different injector plug. Thats pretty odd since the viper motors use the very common bosch style plug.
Justin

I didn't know it was aftermarket. That sucks even more. The only numbers on the one I got is "AMP 106452"

eddie102870 said:
clean it with eletrical cleaner and put diletric grease in the connections and see if that helps. could just be corrosion. or try dragon if you havent already

It is the wires on the back of the plug. Here is a picture of the one that is jacked up.

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 20
FlyingLow said:
It is the wires on the back of the plug. Here is a picture of the one that is jacked up.

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg
yup dude its aftermaket set up, crap, let me see what I can do, and thanks on the explanation:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back