Need ideas

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on the outside of my inferno red quadcab, I am blacking everything out. Headlights, tails, emblems, and eventually wheels. May even do some flat black commemorative edition style stripes. On the interior, I am adding the infero red to some pieces. Like the center consol, the SRT-10 badges on the door, and more to come. I was planning on bringing the inferno red and the black in to the engine bay. Like the valve covers done in inferno red with flat black lettering, thermostat housing in inferno red and CAI in inferno red. However, I have wondered what it would look like if I did a dif color in there instead of the inferno red. Like an electric blue. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Stick with the red it will look killer.

Yup, I agree. Stick wit the red mate, the blue will be too much of a contrast and won't flow properly. Almost look like they're on there by mistake and have viewers of the engine bay scratching their heads. I'd also looking at powder coating the intake red (that'd be my choice with your truck) or black. I think all the same color red would make the engine stand out great and the entire thing just POP when the hood is opened. It's a lovely color so it'd be cool to have the color flow through to the engine bay, almost like when you pop the hood, it's a continuous flow, that's what you want. ;)

The intake powdercoated is a mod so many over look. Takes a little more time and is a finicky little job but the overall difference to an engine bay with the intake colored is MASSIVE vs. the dull cast iron looking OEM unit. I like the sounds of the exterior mods. Maybe look at doing the calipers inferno red too, behind black rims, that'd be mint! :)

Also, for a break up of the black rims, maybe get the center cap inferno red too, a nice little Viper engraved logo to finish it off would be a great touch. I would personally remove all the badges altogether. I actually think more people should do it, it cleans the exterior up and unless you REALLY want attention and people to know about the engine, get rid of them, add some mystery to it. In most cases, "less is more". Keep us posted mate!

:rock:

Thanks guys! I agree with both of you guys....just wanted outside opinions. As far as the intake mani...I am not sure what way to go with it. I definitely want to powdercoat it but not sure if it will "blend" in with the valve covers once I get those done in inferno red. Thought about doing a black/inferno red design of some sort on the intake mani. I like the way midnight did his. I have done a few things to her but am trying not to post pics until she is somewhat completed. Or at least half way there...haha.

lol i don't expect a single pic... i know my wife wouldn't do it...

Yup, I agree. Stick wit the red mate, the blue will be too much of a contrast and won't flow properly. Almost look like they're on there by mistake and have viewers of the engine bay scratching their heads. I'd also looking at powder coating the intake red (that'd be my choice with your truck) or black. I think all the same color red would make the engine stand out great and the entire thing just POP when the hood is opened. It's a lovely color so it'd be cool to have the color flow through to the engine bay, almost like when you pop the hood, it's a continuous flow, that's what you want. ;)

The intake powdercoated is a mod so many over look. Takes a little more time and is a finicky little job but the overall difference to an engine bay with the intake colored is MASSIVE vs. the dull cast iron looking OEM unit. I like the sounds of the exterior mods. Maybe look at doing the calipers inferno red too, behind black rims, that'd be mint! :)

Also, for a break up of the black rims, maybe get the center cap inferno red too, a nice little Viper engraved logo to finish it off would be a great touch. I
would personally remove all the badges altogether. I actually think more people should do it, it cleans the exterior up and unless you REALLY want attention and people to know about the engine, get rid of them, add some mystery to it. In most cases, "less is more". Keep us posted mate!
:rock:

Bang on Carl, one little thing I like is the '04-05 "SRT-10" emblems on the doors in flat black and if you go with flat black stripes I would consider doing the door handles too and the tailgate handle like Kyle did his CE with the stripe continueing through it!
Gonna look sweet when your done!

Oh yeah....the SRT emblems are going to stay. Sure the debadged look is clean.....but not quite the look I am going for.

i think the only color you could introduce would be white... stone white is an oem dodge color...

for instance, engine bay could be white with inferno to pop when the hood is up, but the exterior could be murdered with black and inferno...

have you done your wheels black?

otherwise, just go black and inferno... like mine... everything's black (within reason, and just the red valve covers...well... i could have coated the headers, but i like them shiny...

The wheels are on the to do list...hopefully soon. The bumper is getting replaced today so now I will have a little more motivation to spend time on the details. I like the white idea! Might try a little bit of photoshop to see how it turns out. Also thought of doing the valve covers in black with inferno red lettering and then do the intake mani inferno red. Hmmmm....so many options....

In my opinion cause my 10 is the same color and if you stand and look at it on pretty sunny day it pops of an orange tint somewhat so i would consider do a candy tangerine orange or that copperhead color off the 05 viper with the color we got

powdercoat your valve covers satin or flat black with glossy inferno red Viper letters. get 1 of Tony's Venom Series TB anodized black and get an inferno red powdercoated CAI and throw a black filter cover over the filter.

powdercoat your valve covers satin or flat black with glossy inferno red Viper letters. get 1 of Tony's Venom Series TB anodized black and get an inferno red powdercoated CAI and throw a black filter cover over the filter.

I like ur thinking.....and then I can do something with both colors to the intake mani. Just not sure what yet.

I like ur thinking.....and then I can do something with both colors to the intake mani. Just not sure what yet.

I think you should have ur intake manifold polished. breaks up all the colors, that's what i'm having done to mine. i looked online and most shops charge 700-800 for polishing. i found a pygmy clan of mexicans who are buffing their tiny brown asses off for a fraction of that cost.

check this site out, expensive tho.......

Metal Polishing&Buffing Services- Premium Polishing of Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Titanium&Other Chrome Metal Polishing Services - Page 18

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back